Anyone ever play a PS2 every now and then?

Sometimes I plug in my old Play Station 2 for old times sake. I used to play it allot.

I wondered if anyone else does this? So does ANYONE else do this from time to time?

Or do you only play PS2? I don't think very many people play a PS2 alone now days though.

I fire up the PS2 emulator every once in a while if that counts.  A few oldies still worth playing.  Haven't touched the PS1 emu in forever though, never mind the real thing somewhere in storage.

Yay, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who still plays it sometimes when you look at the gaming consoles people use today. :P

I have the original PS3 (with upgraded HDD) that has backwards compatibility.  I throw in some PS2 games every once in a while and I'm hopeful that the rumors of an official PS1/2 emulator for the PS4 are true so I can play my PS2 games on my PS4 as well.  I got rid of my actual PS2 hardware a while ago. (Still have my memory cards though and the little PS2->PS3 memory card reader).

Yes, you can find new PS2 on sale on Amazon, $140 is the usual asking price or a whooping $250 for the silver edition.

What's harder to find is "new" games for the PS2.  Most are used, and if you find new, the price is out of control.

PS2 games are slightly starting to show their age a bit to much for me actualy taking away from the gameplay. I feel the simplier PS1 games look better, and consoles before that era which I still enjoy the hell out of. Dreamcast has the exact same issues.. And my saturn to. Been looking at picking up a smaller TV hoping the issue won't be as noticable 32? every TV I own >50"+  :pinch:

This problem doesn't effect all games granted, just seems to mainly effect the ones I never have a chance to play before now so I don't have my nostalgia goggles on.

• Like 1

PS2 games are slightly starting to show their age a bit to much for me actualy taking away from the gameplay. I feel the simplier PS1 games look better, and consoles before that era which I still enjoy the hell out of. Dreamcast has the exact same issues.. And my saturn to. Been looking at picking up a smaller TV hoping the issue won't be as noticable 32? every TV I own >50"+  :pinch:

This problem doesn't effect all games granted, just seems to mainly effect the ones I never have a chance to play before now so I don't have my nostalgia goggles on.

yeah,  same here.   there was the stage where they all went to "amazing" graphics, which are laughable by todays standards.    but before that the graphics were more basic and more fitting, since they did not try so hard.

my ps2 sit son my shelf but i do fire up pcsx2 every once in a while, all my fav rpg's were on the ps2 and the snes so i go thru them everyone in a while

Yeah I do, oh what great games does that console have - I have a most recent version of the slim one hooked up to a Sony Trinitron FD 21" TV - looks incredible for old games. Unfortunately pcsx2 seems to have stalled a bit - especially in the graphics emulation, most effects aren't emulated in hardware mode - software mode does work better, but that causes other issues to appear sometimes.

Yes.

On PS3: MGS2 Subsistence, FFX, Ridge Racer V.

I play more PSX games though than I do PS2.

I don't play the older consoles anymore. But I do youtube the PS1 startup sound from time to time. Hands down best startup sound on any console. Heaps of nostalgia from the mid 90s.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...