Run multiple Android emulators

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:38

I have Bluestack (Windows/OSX) which is an android emulator and open android apps. How can I open multiple windows of Android emulators. I have multiple logins for a game I play and would like to manage each account at the same time so they are on the same time to completing tasks.

#2 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:28

I have Bluestack (Windows/OSX) which is an android emulator and open android apps. How can I open multiple windows of Android emulators. I have multiple logins for a game I play and would like to manage each account at the same time so they are on the same time to completing tasks.

The best way to do so would be multiple emulators of different brands/sorts - as opposed to multiple instances of the same emulator (this applies equally to any emulator, not JUST Android emulators).  Also, be warned - emulators eat RAM like so many Reese's Pieces - think 16GB at minimum for the host PC.

Finally, a heads-up on Lollipop emulation - Genymotion DOES have emulated VMs with Android 5.0; what they lack is the Play Store (however, this can be overcome via judicious searching via Google about adding the Play Store to a Genymotion emulated device lacking it - I have the current Play Store on my emulated Lolli tablet, which is in another window).

#3 +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 27
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:34

Create a bunch of accounts. Say, 12. Make all the passwords "butt" or something. They should all be the same or this will get irritating.

shift+right click the shortcut or EXE for the program and click "run as a different user", select "runner1" or whatever your first account is. 

Rinse, repeat, select "runner2". Continue until you have 10 instances of the program running.

You can try this.

#4 AwayfromHere

AwayfromHere

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Sony Xperia Z3

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:36

The best way to do so would be multiple emulators of different brands/sorts - as opposed to multiple instances of the same emulator (this applies equally to any emulator, not JUST Android emulators).  Also, be warned - emulators eat RAM like so many Reese's Pieces - think 16GB at minimum for the host PC.

Finally, a heads-up on Lollipop emulation - Genymotion DOES have emulated VMs with Android 5.0; what they lack is the Play Store (however, this can be overcome via judicious searching via Google about adding the Play Store to a Genymotion emulated device lacking it - I have the current Play Store on my emulated Lolli tablet, which is in another window).

While all other is true where did you come up with the 16GB ram thing?

I'm running on 8 and it's all fine for me with bluestack. But that might be because the program is built with AMD in mind...dunno.

#5 xSuRgEx

xSuRgEx

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:43

are you trying to complete the secret santa quests for familyguy the quest for stuff? Tinyco have decided to lock out all forms of android for their game now so if thats what you are trying to do you will be out of luck :(

#6 OP Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 December 2014 - 00:32

Thanks everyone, I just got home from a business trip. I'll try the recommendations.

I play Game of War and one of my alliance members runs like 50 farms and said he uses Bluestacks, an auto clicker and created a macro. The macro logs into the account, automatically selects all the resources which it produced and sends it to his bank, then logs out and on to the next account.