Bluetooth A2DP & Handsfree Profiles

So, after years with Android, I got a bit bored of it and bought a Lumia 930 on Saturday.  Loving the device so far, but I've hit upon one snag that might be a showstopper for me.

My car's bluetooth setup accepts both A2DP and Handsfree profiles, however, I never stream audio from my phone as I use the radio of my cd changer for me music, so on Android I just disabled the A2DP profile and everything was hunky dory.

On WP8.1, it seems this isn't possible.  There's no control over your BT profiles at all as far as I can find, and this is a big problem for me! I don't -want- driving directions and such to be routed through my car audio, as it cuts out music for several seconds and the first part of the directions get cut of as it switches over.  The phone audio is all I want and this part works fine.

All I want to do is disable the A2DP profile... Anyone know if this is possible?

If it isn't, I might have to reconsider the 930, which would be a shame as otherwise it's a sweet device. :(

Take a look under settings/speech

There should be an option for Read Aloud incoming texts and where that is routed to. I think that controls also driving directions as well

Take a look under settings/speech

There should be an option for Read Aloud incoming texts and where that is routed to. I think that controls also driving directions as well

Ah, thanks. :)

If I turn that off, will it still read out driving directions?

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if wp8 update 1 includes a SAP profile for bluetooth?I will be ###### if not as then I can't use the command online system fully in my new Merc!