Was Neowin being DDoS'd or hacked?

What happen to Neowin earlier?  Was someone attempting to hack?  Site was down for quite a long time.  I thought the people who dislike the new design might go that route and protest their feelings in that manor...

What happen to Neowin earlier?  Was someone attempting to hack?  Site was down for quite a long time.  I thought the people who dislike the new design might go that route and protest their feelings in that manor...

Probably just regular maintenance/fixes/things they are addressing.  Always happens when this site is redesigned.  Will probably be back to normal in a few days or sooner.  Same thing happened yesterday and the day before.

Ive been on and off throughout the day and have not had any issues..  

I seriously doubt someone would go through the trouble of a ddos over the new design (so I hope you were just joking)

There are still some things being worked on. No matter how long you work on something in development, releasing it to a wider audience will bring about unexpected effects. Just taking a look in the forum that you posted this in, I can see about 7 separate threads which have individual errors that weren't picked up during testing (that I know of, anyway.)

Give it a couple of days to settle. (Y)

When clicking "Quoted" in my notification, the following happens appears on a blank screen:

{"status":"ok","data":"[quote=Nashy said,]\n\nNot that it matters. Something so simple should have been found in testing.[\/quote]"}