Commenting on mobile variant of front page

as I was using the new front page on my phone for the first time today I noticed that there's no was to quote, replyreport, or like comments on articles

edit: and since it's on the same subject. on the full view the quote, reply, & like options don't have a hover overlay (the report button does though)

Hmm, I'm getting hover styles on desktop for those buttons. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

I'll look into adding more buttons to mobile, but the last one didn't have them either.

Hmm, I'm getting hover styles on desktop for those buttons. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

I'll look into adding more buttons to mobile, but the last one didn't have them either.

no. i'm talking about the text overlay that appears when hovering the icon (aka text appearing next to cursor)

hover your cursor over reply then over report. you'll see what i mean

edit: tooltip. that's the word I was looking for. that's what is missing from the buttons

Just pushed another update to address most of this. Only reply on mobile (no room for the other buttons, plus you don't need to quote imo).  Also made the other buttons visible on desktop.

on Opera mobile (android version) it isn't possible to see comments on the news articles. also the header is just messed up.

Can we have a "desktop mode" link? I just dislike mobile websites and always try to use the desktop version. The option in Chrome does nothing anymore. 

Can we have a "desktop mode" link? I just dislike mobile websites and always try to use the desktop version. The option in Chrome does nothing anymore. 

Its a responsive/adaptive site, so there is no mobile or desktop version. The page adapts to your device/window size.

Forum spy link doesn't send you to the correct page on mobile. It seems you to the desktop spy page which doesn't load any content, just header and footer. The old mobile site had the new content link which at least worked even though it was static content.

Its a responsive/adaptive site, so there is no mobile or desktop version. The page adapts to your device/window size.

So I'm stuck with the crappy mobile layout even though I have my phone's browser set to Desktop mode specifically so I can avoid mobile website layouts.

Basically you're circumventing the features of my phone and forcing the mobile layout whether I want it or not.

So I'm stuck with the crappy mobile layout even though I have my phone's browser set to Desktop mode specifically so I can avoid mobile website layouts.

Basically you're circumventing the features of my phone and forcing the mobile layout whether I want it or not.

i think it goes to the normal layout in landscape mode. but that's about it

edit: never mind looks like that was changed to also show the mobile design

As he just said, there is no "mobile". It's all one page.

on Opera mobile (android version) it isn't possible to see comments on the news articles. also the header is just messed up.

Works fine for me.

Can you take a pic, and tell me exactly what version of opera (not really supporting this browser, but will try to fix it if I can).

It uses the same blink engine as chrome.

So I cannot reply to someone else's comment, or quote that comment...and I'm forced to use it.

Why not add a couple of links like "Q" (for quote) and "R" (for reply). It's small, won't take up too much space and makes functionality significantly better.

Works fine for me.

It uses the same blink engine as chrome.

So I cannot reply to someone else's comment, or quote that comment...and I'm forced to use it.

Why not add a couple of links like "Q" (for quote) and "R" (for reply). It's small, won't take up too much space and makes functionality significantly better.

There is a reply button on comments. You press it, it replies to that person's comment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo0kgavy48urvqm/Screenshot%202014-08-26%2022.32.07.png?dl=0

Is it possible to add an option to not be adaptive? I like the same website I get on my desktop across all my devices. Plus it gives me the exact same view on my tablet as my phone. 1 giant picture and 2 headlines.

As he just said, there is no "mobile". It's all one page.

Yes he said its not a separate page, however its still a mobile layout.

He's actually utilising the features of your phone. "Desktop Mode" does nothing other than report a desktop user agent. If you have issue, it should be with your mobile browser and not with Neowin's ability to respond to your device width.