Yes, Sir! inFAMOUS First Light is up on the PlayStation Store from tomorrow for ?14.99/?11.99. Gamers can dive right in and experience Abigail ?Fetch? Walker?s origin story from her brutal time on the streets of Seattle, to her DUP training in Curdun Cay, to becoming an assassin.

Fetch?s unchained Neon powers and her hand-to-hand fighting are all new. To master Fetch?s abilities you?ll have to get used to moving fast, very fast. She can effortlessly run up the side of buildings, make an epic jump across three rooftops, then come down hard and slamming into an enemy?s head, all without slowing down.

Fetch gets in close with a quick blur of hits and then knocks guys across the room with decisive finishers. When her back?s against the wall she can use her most powerful ability, the neon singularity, to suck enemies up into the air and crush them into a tight little ball before they?re scattered across the city. She?s the most high velocity and fluid character we?ve ever created.

yMCLBtb.jpg

This explosive gameplay demands a challenge equal to her amped up abilities. In Curdun Cay, a remote alpine prison for Conduits, Fetch will be pushed to her limits by relentless waves of enemies in its Battle Arenas. We even score your performance and post it to a global leaderboard so you can see if you?re the best Conduit killer among your friends.

Don?t be fooled by the price-tag, there?s a ton here to discover. There are four to five hours of story campaign, hours of replayable arena combat after the narrative is complete, and an improved Photo Mode. In fact, the game?s so large we thought it deserved a platinum trophy.

QGkBJQD.jpg

First Light is a completely stand alone, self-contained inFAMOUS experience for just ?14.99/?11.99. You don?t need inFAMOUS Second Son to play it, but if you?ve got that game we?ve got a treat for you. Delsin is completely playable in the Curdun Cay Battle Arenas.

Since you took the time to read this post I deem you worthy of some tips and tricks for First Light:

Gameplay tips

1. Jumping enemies are vulnerable; a well-placed stasis blast can devastate them.
  2. Dash Strike can knock heavily armoured enemies off their feet. Kick ?em while they?re down!
  3. Collecting Lumens and completing side missions is the quickest way to earn Skill Points that you can use to upgrade Fetch?s powers.
  4. If you have problems aiming accurately, upgrade to powers that let you slow down time even further.

Tips for dominating Battle Arenas

1. Shoot down flying auto-turrets for power-ups and score multipliers.
  2. Don?t let your score multiplier expire; stay engaged and keep fighting!
  3. Shoot all Hostage Takers to keep them engaging you rather than allowing them to turn their fire on a Hostage.
  4. Shoot a Summoner?s weak points to eliminate him quickly.
  5. Wraiths have a nasty melee attack; use a stasis blast to keep them at bay.
  6. Have fun and let us know what you think of First Light!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/26/infamous-first-light-arrives-ps4-week/

I just might pick this up.  Although I sucked it up and finished Second Son, I just couldn't for the life of me get into it.  But Fetch (and Augustine) are very bright spots though.  I just can't stand Delsin... drove me nuts.

If anyone picked this up, please chime in and tell me your thoughts on it.

I can't hit up Twitch thanks to some folks who have nothing else better to do.  And now I'm at work, so I definitely can't look up video on this.

I just might pick this up.  Although I sucked it up and finished Second Son, I just couldn't for the life of me get into it.  But Fetch (and Augustine) are very bright spots though.  I just can't stand Delsin... drove me nuts.

I can't hit up Twitch thanks to some folks who have nothing else better to do.  And now I'm at work, so I definitely can't look up video on this.

I loved what I checked out so far, and I mainly focused on the Arena mode.

So in the Arena mode (which is a combat arena setup like a mix between a city and an Unreal Tournament map), there are waves of enemies along with hostages that spawn up in random areas and the enemies not only attack you but the hostages. The hostages have 200 health and you need to save them before the enemies take them out for more points. If 5 hostages die, game over. If you die once, Game Over.

The more kills you string in a row and the better the kills are (hitting people in their weak spots) you will get a larger combo multiplier. 

With Fetch she starts out with no upgrades so it is rather challenging.

You can also use Delsin fully powered out which is easier of course.

So this mode alone is just damn fun, and I am still only on the first Arena and first mode. Looks like there are more modes and arenas I have yet to unlock.

This mode of course has a leaderboard.

Then there is a full standalone SP campaign with Fetch that I hear is taking people anywhere from 2-4 hours, I guess it depends on how fast you plow through it.

The visuals are just as good as they have ever been, and it actually seems like they have improved performance of the game across the board, so really if you liked Infamous except for Delsin, this DLC appears to be a no brainer.

I loved what I checked out so far, and I mainly focused on the Arena mode.

So in the Arena mode (which is a combat arena setup like a mix between a city and an Unreal Tournament map), there are waves of enemies along with hostages that spawn up in random areas and the enemies not only attack you but the hostages. The hostages have 200 health and you need to save them before the enemies take them out for more points. If 5 hostages die, game over. If you die once, Game Over.

The more kills you string in a row and the better the kills are (hitting people in their weak spots) you will get a larger combo multiplier. 

With Fetch she starts out with no upgrades so it is rather challenging.

You can also use Delsin fully powered out which is easier of course.

So this mode alone is just damn fun, and I am still only on the first Arena and first mode. Looks like there are more modes and arenas I have yet to unlock.

This mode of course has a leaderboard.

Then there is a full standalone SP campaign with Fetch that I hear is taking people anywhere from 2-4 hours, I guess it depends on how fast you plow through it.

The visuals are just as good as they have ever been, and it actually seems like they have improved performance of the game across the board, so really if you liked Infamous except for Delsin, this DLC appears to be a no brainer.

Thank you so much... I think you just sold me on this.   :D   

What you described sounds like a much funner game than SS

I won't be using Delsin at all.  Not a fan of his  :crazy:

I'm the same, I didn't like Delsin as the main character. I much preferred Cole from the original infamous games and also his powers.

• Like 2

I'm definitely picking this up. Even if the new campaign is short, it sounds like there is some fun to be had in the arena, so sign me up!

I have watched a little game play of it and noticed some of the side missions seemed very much like those from watch dogs. Specifically, tailing targets using cameras that you hack into.

I'm the same, I didn't like Delsin as the main character. I much preferred Cole from the original infamous games and also his powers.

Same here, just never got into Delsin.