Where to buy a gaming computer with good deals

Hey,

I'm looking to buy a new computer. I need a gaming computer, but I don't have a lot of money at the moment (around $650). So, I need somewhere that had some decent deals on gaming computers. I've looked at newegg.ca, Future shop, Best buy, Staples, but was wondering if anyone knew anywhere else to check out.

The site does need to ship to Canada though.

I'm of course not looking for anything top of the line. Just something that will play games like Star Trek Online, Sims 4, Diablo III.

I don't have anymore keys for Windows, so I kinda prefer something pre-built, though I'm not against building it myself.

Thanks for any help!

Google "Best priced computer parts in <your_city>" and get passed the first few obvious crap results of stores claiming to be "the best". Find a forum where everyone in your area has already discussed it and you'll get your consensus.

Go to said store/website, purchase parts, build computer.

My recommendation is to get an AMD R7 card, nice and affordable and has zero issues running those games you mentioned at max everything.

Hey,

I'm looking to buy a new computer. I need a gaming computer, but I don't have a lot of money at the moment (around $650). So, I need somewhere that had some decent deals on gaming computers. I've looked at newegg.ca, Future shop, Best buy, Staples, but was wondering if anyone knew anywhere else to check out.

The site does need to ship to Canada though.

I'm of course not looking for anything top of the line. Just something that will play games like Star Trek Online, Sims 4, Diablo III.

I don't have anymore keys for Windows, so I kinda prefer something pre-built, though I'm not against building it myself.

Thanks for any help!

What parts do you already have?   A monitor?  A case maybe or some other parts? do you need new keyboard or mouse?  do you want to keep using your hard drive or do you need a new one?

etc...

i like this site for canada

ncix.com

but $650 is probably bare minimum...

I would suggest building your own.

I've thought of that..But wasn't sure it would be much cheaper

Google "Best priced computer parts in <your_city>" and get passed the first few obvious crap results of stores claiming to be "the best". Find a forum where everyone in your area has already discussed it and you'll get your consensus.

Go to said store/website, purchase parts, build computer.

My recommendation is to get an AMD R7 card, nice and affordable and has zero issues running those games you mentioned at max everything.

I live in a small city, so there is nothing in terms of computer stores here, besides Staples..

But that's a good idea, thanks :) And I'll keep that recommendation in mind

What parts do you already have?   A monitor?  A case maybe or some other parts? do you need new keyboard or mouse?  do you want to keep using your hard drive or do you need a new one?

etc...

i like this site for canada

ncix.com

but $650 is probably bare minimum...

I have a dvd-rom, hard drive, case, keyboard, mouse, monitor. And thanks for that site, I'll check it out :) And I know it is..Just need something to last another two years or so..Even if barely.

Alright, looks like we will be building one, it's more fun to make your own lol

Anyways, was wondering if anyone could take a quick look at these, and tell us if we're doing it right? (Computer is for the wife)

3x - Bitfenix Spectre LED 120mm Fan, Blue http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX38324

2x - HyperX FURY Blue 4GB DDR3-1333MHz CL9 DIMM http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX51488

1x - Cooler Master CM Storm Scout 2 Gaming Case, Gunmetal Grey http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX43722

1x - GeForce GT 440 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, mini-HDMI http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX32320

1x - Core? i5-4440 Processor w/ Asus B85-PLUS Motherboard Bundle http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/BDL_4440_B85PLUS

1x - Wireless N 300 PCI Express Desktop Adapter Card http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX43261

1x - Antec Basiq VP-450 450W Power Supply http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX34935

Notes: We aren't sure on power supply..Is 450W enough?

We already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, dvd-rom, hard drive

Why choose a 440? That's like old, dude.

And with the PSU, just get a 650W, can live a long time.

• Like 3

At least get the GT 640!  even money wise, you should be able to get a decent deal.

seriously.   440 is ancient tech.  gt 640 is not new either, but it is at least something. gt 440 is just out of date by too much of a margin, to make it a worth while purchase at ANY price!

in all honesty if you're building an even half decent gaming rig there's no reason to get less than a GTX740ti or GTX750ti. the gtx750ti for around $130 in most places

besides yes also switching the PSU for at least 650W everything else looks good

• Like 3

I use to keep up with hardware, but not so much anymore..Didn't know the card was that old..lol

And I kinda figured the Power Supply was a little low..But hoped wouldn't be too much

Try looking at tigerdirect.com, at the bare bones kits.

Get the must have parts first -- you can always add more goodies later. ;)

I'll take a look there, thanks :) And ya, I thought of that too..That's why not upgrading the hard drive at the moment lol Can upgrade that after..Might only get 4 gigs of ram, and upgrade that after too

At least get the GT 640!  even money wise, you should be able to get a decent deal.

seriously.   440 is ancient tech.  gt 640 is not new either, but it is at least something. gt 440 is just out of date by too much of a margin, to make it a worth while purchase at ANY price!

Read a 2014 review about the 440 that said it was good, so figured it was kinda newer..But guess not..I'll take a look at the 640, thanks!

in all honesty if you're building an even half decent gaming rig there's no reason to get less than a GTX740ti or GTX750ti. the gtx750ti for around $130 in most places

besides yes also switching the PSU for at least 650W everything else looks good

I'll take a look at those, thanks :) Haven't kept up with video cards, so many names and numbers to remember, that it gets confusing if you're not on top of it..lol

And had been hoping to save a few bucks, which was why we were hoping the 450W would work, guess not lol

Thank you all for the help so far :)

Use NCIX, if you see a better deal somewhere else, they can price check that.

Didn't know they price checked, thanks, I'll be keeping that in mind!

I picked MemoryExpress since shopped there before, and they had the bundles on CPU/Motherboard (I had to make sure that they were compatible). Planned on shopping around once we had the specs down to see who had the best deals.

like others said build it yourself & newegg.ca is good

I do like newegg, seen some great deals there :)

If you want a good gaming PC on a budget, try and keep a price ratio of 2/3 between CPU/GPU. Those Nvidia x40 cards are useless unless you only play facebook games or enjoy very low FPS. If you're not planing to change the GPU in one year or so, I'd stick to that radio and get a cheaper CPU with a much more powerful GPU.

You can use this for reference for the best GPUs at various price points. Once you make up your mind, we can help with more precise advice.

If you want a good gaming PC on a budget, try and keep a price ratio of 2/3 between CPU/GPU. Those Nvidia x40 cards are useless unless you only play facebook games or enjoy very low FPS. If you're not planing to change the GPU in one year or so, I'd stick to that radio and get a cheaper CPU with a much more powerful GPU.

You can use this for reference for the best GPUs at various price points. Once you make up your mind, we can help with more precise advice.

Thanks for that tip! And for the site, I'll make sure to look it over :)

That's a nice site, thanks!