Resident Evil remaster screen comparisons

Is it just me, or does the SD picture in the last comparison set actually look scarier then the remaster?

Yeah its less detailed and lower res, but seeing the dark silhouette of the zombie vs the more detailed zombie seems to take away some of scare factor for me. There is clearly a change in lighting that is also taking away from the creepy factor in my opinion.

• Like 2

Is it just me, or does the SD picture in the last comparison set actually look scarier then the remaster?

Yeah its less detailed and lower res, but seeing the dark silhouette of the zombie vs the more detailed zombie seems to take away some of scare factor for me. There is clearly a change in lighting that is also taking away from the creepy factor in my opinion.

They should add a filter to simulate that for people that want it.

Yep, I'm with most people here.

The shadowy figure is much scarier than the fully detailed zombie as well as the game never looking that bad.

I think with the Halo MCC they are missing an opportunty to really get people excited, instead what will happen is they the all new full price for this, if it sells well they will then start on Res 2, Nemisis and probably even 4 and perhaps 5.

Then what about the spin offs? I mean I doubt we will see the likes of Gun Survivor but Code Veronica is a serious contender. I love that they are doing this, but I fully expect the price to put me off.

• 4 weeks later...

Graphics over atmosphere :( They want to show of the high res texture with their new bright light effects

I hope these aren't final.

Atmosphere > graphics

I don't like the way they are trying to enhance the look of the game details "HD" on the expenses of the game's atmosphere!.

It does! But that's the beauty of depth of field, with a well applied filter you could have the best of both worlds :)

• Like 1

I think the gameplay looks great. Always wanted to play this version of RE. Even although I have a Wii I haven't played it. They've improved the tank control responsiveness as well.

Probably will play widescreen with the automatic panning camera, should do a good enough job. Just don't think I could do 4:3 on my TV.

isnt this just a HD Remix of the gamecube version?

Pretty much, but with widescale support, apparently audio upgrades and importantly they've improved the controls, quite similar to DMC (in terms of turning and pivoting).

The trophy list for this game looks hard as nails btw :(

Looks good, but not "I must buy this for a 3rd time" good.

Besides, I can sprint through the whole thing in a few short hours at this stage. Are they updating the puzzles at all?

• 3 weeks later...

I really think they should have added an option to turn off the door animations. It would have been fun for the first 5 times you see them but after that I think most people would want them gone.

They surely don't need to be there for technical reasons.