Why, considering PC's are outselling console games? If they're chasing money, you'd probably want to make sure to include the biggest group of customers.

Well, aside from that it is a simple fact devs/publishers make more money from consoles than from PC, I was making a thinly veiled joke about the traditional widespread piracy only really found on PC...

Granted there was a fairly big petition for a PC release but how many of those would have actually laid the cash down and how many would have been tempted by the inevitable week early torrent...

Well, aside from that it is a simple fact devs/publishers make more money from consoles than from PC, I was making a thinly veiled joke about the traditional widespread piracy only really found on PC...

I highly doubt they count pirated copies as sales. (And let's not pretend the consoles don't have piracy either.)

I highly doubt they count pirated copies as sales. (And let's not pretend the consoles don't have piracy either.)

Of course they don't count them as sales. That's the point!

And consoles have almost nil piracy. The last gen consoles had some chips that had to be soldered but they were hard to come by and were in thousandths of percentages of the install base. That's just a fact. And I haven't even seen any for this gen at all. Where as I can log onto my PC and download a cracked torrent without any special skill or requirement and be up and running in no time, before the game is even released.

Of course they don't count them as sales. That's the point!

So if they're not counting them as sales, and PC sales exceeded consoles.. it would be stupid of them to ignore the PC then. Even with piracy (which is a given) it still sells more. Which is the point.

And consoles have almost nil piracy.

Not going to put links for obvious reasons, but that's definitely untrue, I see a quite a number of titles available to download for the PS3 and 360. (Including GTA-5..) Not even remotely "nil." Obviously X1/PS4 is going to take a bit before they show up... but they will. It always does, to assume otherwise is foolish.

So if they're not counting them as sales, and PC sales exceeded consoles.. it would be stupid of them to ignore the PC then. Even with piracy (which is a given) it still sells more. Which is the point.

Not going to put links for obvious reasons, but that's definitely untrue, I see a quite a number of titles available to download for the PS3 and 360. (Including GTA-5..) Not even remotely "nil." Obviously X1/PS4 is going to take a bit before they show up... but they will. It always does, to assume otherwise is foolish.

Wait, what? I think we've crossed paths here. I meant not counting PC pirated copies as sales.

Developers and publishers sell far more copies of most games on consoles than they do on PC. That is a simple fact. And given the higher selling price they make way, way, way more money. That's why a lot of games are console only these days.  It has been over 15 years since PC was the dominant platform sales-wise...

Well Rockstar just lost 60 USD. Their loss. 

considering their actual income from that is at best 5-10 depending on how long after launch and how many copies they have already sold. I'd say they're still better off. heck even if the whole 60 was income, they'd still be a few million better off ;)

considering their actual income from that is at best 5-10 depending on how long after launch and how many copies they have already sold. I'd say they're still better off. heck even if the whole 60 was income, they'd still be a few million better off ;)

Oh come on, what would you prefer to have? 100 000$ or 200 000$?

what relevance do those numbers have ? without knowing the costs of development and more importantly support of the game. it's meaningless. making the game for PC doesn't mean they make more money in total. It may or it may not. 

They've released all GTA's on PC up to this point. They would be stupid not to also do the same with GTAV especially with Steam and growing popularity of digital distribution. As it is they have to stand losing $60 from me and other potential buyers, personally I'm never planning to buy a console save for Wii U and handheld systems such as 3DS and Vita since I'm primarily a PC gamer. I've bought (retail) and rebought GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA4 on Steam. If they don't release it on PC that is almost equivalent to throwing what would be a nice sum of money down the disposal. They stand to have way more to gain releasing on PC simultaneously with the Xbox One and PS4 port than the time, effort and money spent to port. A PC version has the potential to gain the most sales and there are people that will buy it for console and PC.

This seems to be just a bunch of bs, this game is still listed as coming soon on Steam. However if they do cancel the PC release they will have lost money from me and several others, I have no interest in consoles after getting into PC gaming and won't be purchasing an Xbox 360/PS3/XbOne/PS4 anytime soon if ever.

So GG Rockstar.