They're saying that development is progressing smoothly, but the public test (beta?) has been pushed back to 2015. You probably figured it out just by watching, but in the two-player part, the players start out separately and then meet somewhere along the way; it sounds like this is a usual part of online play that can happen anytime. Treasure chests are lootable by both players so you don't have to compete; the glowing blue chest is apparently locked -- one player used a "Skeleton Key" magical item to open it, which unlocks it for both players. They're currently limiting dungeons to two players, but thinking about expanding it to three or four. The four player part is done through "multi-matching" (so, queuing / matchmaking / LFG kind of thing?), so you start together for certain quests. The first scenario, they're just trying to destroy all the creatures as fast as possible. Those are the big notes I caught.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2ewdvm/new_video_for_ps4s_deep_down/ck3ubhv

Capcom really did a good job of improving the engine with Sony's help. The game looks insane. I hope this game gets released outside of Japan, because I'd love to play it...assuming the F2P aspect doesn't bastardize the game. Unfortunately, since it's Capcom, I'm not entirely confident that will be the case.

Well the game is certainly looking good. It could be a very fun dungeon crawler. The key will be good loot, good dungeon design, and good enemy designs.

I'm glad to see it will have coop, but I want to her more about how that works and why two players can't just start a dungeon together.

I wish they'd just drop F2P and make it "Dragons Dogma 2".

Capcom have been making really ###### decisions for a long time now.

It certainly looks interesting, reminds me of the classic Gauntlet, but now in 3rd person 3D.