My next smartphone will run

As for myself: I'm currently using Android, but highly tempted to make the switch to iOS on the iPhone 6.

Highly tempted to get the WP version of the HTC One.  Currently using the Android version of the One M7 as my home phone, got a Lumia as my work phone.  Have been quite pleased with the One, so why not make it Two.  Voted other as my current as I use both WP and Android daily/equally.  Daughter's getting old enough for a phone and she like to take pictures.. give her my 1020.

Last: Galaxy S3 with Android

Current: Lumia 925 with Windows Phone 8.1.1

Next: Undetermined Lumia device with Windows Phone

I have a Lumia 520 now, which is more than enough for my needs and where I live.

If I upgrade my phone at some point in time it will be another WP device for sure

I was about to possibly think about the inclination that I may switch to android, but the newest Windows Phone features made me stay. As to the handset I'll see what's announced next week.

Currently running Android, and at this point in time I have no significant reason to change. Was tempted by Sailfish, but it looks too different for me to take ?250 risk by buying a Jolla. Windows Phone was considered when I upgraded this month, but it's still missing some stuff that I want/need before I'll consider making the jump.

The other possibility will be Ubuntu Mobile if/when it ever comes out. I like a lot of the ideas that it proposes, they just need to actually get it finished.

I recently purchased a OnePlus One so won't be getting another new phone for another 2-3 years, however unless something major changes in that time my next phone will also run Android.

i'll stick with android.  i've messed with iphones, and it just seems like it's just 'click an icon, use a program, click another icon, etc, etc...'   i like messing with widgets and stuff  (yea, i know that's not a big deal)

but the main reason is that an iphone can't do anything that my android phone can, why switch?

Currently have a Nexus 5 and I plan on getting a Nexus 6 unless it fails to impress me. I like the price point of the Nexus since I only buy phones outright.

Android suits my needs very well at the moment.

My current phone is the Lumia 920, and my next phone will be the 1020.

Will there be a 1030? I'm also looking at a 1020, or possibly 830 if it's true it's a budget PureView, but in case of a sudden outburst of extra cash, I'd like the best possible camera on it.

I currently run Android and I will continue to use Android until something better comes along. I basically use it by default as I'm not 100% happy with it, not even close.

Will there be a 1030? I'm also looking at a 1020, or possibly 830 if it's true it's a budget PureView, but in case of a sudden outburst of extra cash, I'd like the best possible camera on it.

I'm hoping for a 1030 or direct successor by January. If not, the 1020 has my name on it.  

If you're using android aren't you pretty much already in their ecosystem? You'd have bought apps etc. for it. If you switch you are going to have to buy all that crap all over again.

Windows phone's app support seems to be kind of ######. A lot of the apps just seem to be web wrappers. A friend of mine who is pretty loyal to MS ditched his WP a few months ago and just got an iPhone. His main complaint about WP was crappy app support.

I'll be sticking with android.

As for myself: I'm currently using Android, but highly tempted to make the switch to iOS on the iPhone 6.

waiting for the release but not getting my hopes up

in fact, after 4 years of iphone, switching to android was difficult.

but now, it is done. android does everything iphone does and then some.

Windows phone's app support seems to be kind of ######. A lot of the apps just seem to be web wrappers.

Uh, Windows Phone 7 called, and it wants its app argument back...

Android before, Android after. I always back a winner.

Last : Nokia Lumia 800 running WP 7.8

Current : Nokia Lumia 930 running WP 8.1

Next : Nokia Lumia xxxx running WP x.x :rofl:

I am backing an underdog.

Uh, Windows Phone 7 called, and it wants its app argument back...

Putting aside the irony of using an outdated expression to criticise and (alleged) outdated view, the app situation on WP8 compared iOS and Android isn't even close. Popular games aren't there (tapped out, candy crush etc.), various banking apps aren't there (there are web wrappers but I ain't using that crap to log into my bank), I don't think there is a chromecast app, is there a youtube app yet? Instagram is still in beta, I don't think there is a dropbox app, no feedly app . . . And these are just ones I am thinking of off the top of my head.

Not having some basic apps which all platforms should have is pretty weak sauce. It's not a good sign when devs/pubs of really popular apps on other platforms don't bother making them for yours :\