Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zagadka

Background Clipboard Manager

6 posts in this topic

This is more for developers... I'm looking for a simple bloody piece of software to record multiple clips to the clipboard... ideally easy to integrate in, like paste with ctrl+alt+v instead of ctrl+v would give a little popup with the options, without changing the default ctrl+v function.

Every piece of software I've found for this is superfluous in features and has terrible UIs (I want something more in the background), or is built for WinXP and hasn't been updated in 8 years.

Ideally, I generally use Notepad++ for coding. Couldn't find a decent plugin for it.

You haven't told us which pieces of software you've already tried, but from a quick look around for software similar to Klipper (Linux) there appears to be Ditto which looks like it's more of a background application, and also ClipX which looks a bit...well, ugly.

I can't speak for how they handle, though. I just did a quick Google for Klipper alternatives for Windows.

you could also get klipper via kde installation. yep, works in windows as well.

I use Clipcache http://www.xrayz.co.uk/clipcache/

You can assign a hot key (like Ctrl-Alt-V) to pull up the saved clips to paste into the current location.

post-61951-0-13418600-1409569964.jpg

I use shapeshifter. It works well, looks pretty, and doesn't interfere with my keyboard shortcuts. Ctrl+C is used as normal, and holding down Ctrl+V brings up a little list of all the things that you have copied, with nice little image previews.