Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women

That doesn't really make that situation any less different. Nor does it make it any different than someone burglarizing your house, for example. You might have all your belongings behind locked doors, but nobody is going to blame you of someone breaks in and steals your stuff.

Quite frankly the blame being laid on the victims here is disgusting. The only real difference between this situation and any other robbery is what was taken - nude photos of female celebrities - and all of a sudden its their own damn fault. :rolleyes:

Except that you HAVE to put your belongings somewhere. You do not have to take nude photos of yourself.

If I NEEDED to have the latter, I'd secure it appropriately, just as one does with the belongings in their home.  Having it stored online is about as secure as a deadbolt on a hollow door.

I'm not blaming the victims here, but I think this is a goddamn wake-up call to everyone here and elsewhere that the cloud is not as secure as you might think it is.

If you want your data to be secure, there are great ways to do it.  iCloud, OneDrive, and Dropbox by themselves are not going to be the right solution by itself though.

The day someone encrypts their data and then uploads it to a secure location, only to have it stolen and decrypted, will be the day I'll call into question the mediums used.  As it stands, wanting convenience over security is not a sound solution.

I do not consider myself the exception to this. As an IT guy who hates for things to be overly complex, I do break the rules of security to have convenience.  Who am I to blame though if I should suffer the repercussions of my actions though? I can't blame Microsoft for my woes, can I?