Saints Row Writer Accepts Anita Sarkeesian's Critique of His Games

.... She's  she's a extremist feminist who not even a gamer. ...

Sarkeesian needs to be ignored and forgotten. give room to actual female gamers, not ignorant hypocrite liers like sarkeesian. 

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Give us the opinion of real female gamers.

Sarkeey definitely hasn't even try japanese games that deliberately made for female's sexual fetish.

Sarkeey definitely hasn't even try japanese games that deliberately made for female's sexual fetish.

My girlfriend was watching that video again and commented that her target audience wasn't even gamer's since, as she put it "gamer's don't need an explanation of what an NPC is". This video was made to teach other feminists the dangers of video games and not to help change opinions within the gaming community. 

I want to see her review some of illusions video games  :laugh: .

Calling out Saint's Row for taking anything too far is kinda ridiculous, the entire series is based on being psychotically overplayed. Having a guy in a bondage outfit pulling you in a rickshaw while you shoot at another one kinda throws any argument out the window.

Here we go. The gaming demographic is hugely in the male majority, so most games are made for Men/Boys, so if they have a main lead character, they are usually male. Most people find it difficult to relate to a protagonist if they are of opposite sex.

So we have most games having a male protagonist, which then they have to save a character, so we usually they are a love interest or some such, which means they will nearly always be female.

So the character which is being saved needs to be weaker than the main character as otherwise they dont need saving.

Thus the female character needs to be weaker.

If you change the demographic you change the game. There are plenty of games where the above is not true, but to deem them all sexist because of it is just plain stupid, it is the basis for most adventure stories through out time.

As for the overly sexualized, having warrior women in bikini's that is sexist but it playing its audience. 

They can do whatever they want, but don't pander to Sarkeesian.

She's not even a gamer, she's a extremist feminist who couldn't get an audience amid the crowded market of feminist bloggers, so she decided to be a feminist gamer which was unique and allowed her to attack video games which she knows nothing of, which is popular. 

Sarkeesian needs to be ignored and forgotten. give room to actual female gamers, not ignorant hypocrite liers like sarkeesian.

Yeah, none of this is correct. 

I 100% agree, but why focus on one of the many many stereotypes in just this game? I realize we have to start somewhere, but we will get nowhere focusing on only one of the stereotypes. How about make it where we have allot more whites in games about gangbangers for example. I realize this has been done, but a majority of them still seem to be black carrying on negative stereotypes of black men. Either we attack the problem as a whole, or let it be as one persons expression.

Nobody is saying we shouldn't tackle all the issues (Well apart from the gamergate guys, when they're not sending death threats), it's just that (unsurprisingly) certain issues are more important to some people that others. Somebody wanting better representations of women in gaming doesn't displace people wanting better representations of homosexual people, they're just different people wanting better representations of groups that are important to them.

How about this, I just want better, more realistic representations of people in my games, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation or race.

Nobody is saying we shouldn't tackle all the issues (Well apart from the gamergate guys, when they're not sending death threats), it's just that (unsurprisingly) certain issues are more important to some people that others. Somebody wanting better representations of women in gaming doesn't displace people wanting better representations of homosexual people, they're just different people wanting better representations of groups that are important to them.

How about this, I just want better, more realistic representations of people in my games, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation or race.

I agree with you, but attacking a game of walking stereotypes about a particular one to me is far from what is needed. We need strong female leader characters in games such as tomb raider except without the strong sexual connotations. This however doesn't mean that because we need this (and we do) that we remove say the brothels from the whitcher or something like that.

Look im not trying to come off as a tool but im sorry racism, sexism and general inequality etc none of these things are the fault of or in perpetuity because of video games, the  problem is video games, just like blaming them for violence, is its an easy target and a potentially easy fix.

Solving these bigger issues takes education and maybe cultural change...guess what, that takes time, its hard work and in some cases maybe making changes to society.  What do you think matters more to actual people and women, accurate portrayal in games and referring to them as "sex workers" instead of "ho's" or getting equal pay and not being discriminated in the workplace or being harassed on the way to work?

Maybe you will deride me as an immature idiot for this post but educated humans can play and enjoy games where women characters are just 2 big breasts flopping around on screen without it meaning that they objectify or support the abuse of women (or anyone!!) and if im wrong then an educated society would stop supporting the video games and products that blatantly use this sort of sex to sell but again that's hard to do (you know the education part) its much easy to just vilify and guilt people into it without addressing the actual root causes. 

Saints Row is a stupid target because every demographic in the entire game is a cartoon parody of its real life counterpart.  Musclebound russians the size of houses, asians who are good at hacking and fly around on electric rollerskates, mexicans dressed as luchadores, and insane portrayals of the US police and military.

Take away any of these and it just stops being saints row.  So stupid.  The stereotype IS the point, take it away and the game just stops being fun. 

Not saying there aren't legitimate issues of sexism in videos games, but there isn't a single -ism, be it racism, religion-ism, sexism, whatever that isn't played up for affect in saints row.  Ridiculous. 

Uh, yes it is, have you seen any of her videos. I can point you to the Hitman one in particular.

Also gamergate isn't sending death threats, immature idiots send them.

Claiming that is as stupid as claiming Sarkeesian represents female gamers.

• Like 2

Yeah, it really kinda is correct.

Sarkeesian herself admitted she doesn't like or play video games, despite this prior admission she then goes on to lie about her opinion for the purpose of her video series. That's enough to establish bad faith alone. This is only then compounded by the fact she uses 3rd-party footage and (likely intentionally) misrepresents game mechanics to suit her agenda.

Wrong again. If any "side" has been trying to supress discussion and avoid tackling issues it's the anti-gamergate side, who have no problem resorting to doxxing (ggfeminist), harassment (Francis/boogie), making comparisons to ISIS (Twice), making various threats etc.

It's a purely factual observation at this point that the opposition to gamergate has been far more bigoted and toxic, and through their rhetoric - far more damaging to the "cause of women" than a few trolls revelling in the chaos.

And as others have said, wanting "better represention" in a game that is intentionally overdone in every regard only illustrates the shallowness of the criticism.

Why does this woman even get press coverage in the first place? Is there a special complainers school you have to go to in order to become a certified media-covered complainer?

• Like 3

Bracing for dismissal of all arguments contained within just "because thunderf00t".

Is there something wrong with thunderf00t? I've only been watching his videos for a few weeks.

Is there something wrong with thunderf00t? I've only been watching his videos for a few weeks.

Eh, he's okay. His use of insults and mocking within his videos tends to play into the hands of the radfems, so even though in many cases a video of his may contain an analysis and refutation of a point, you can usually expect said video to be dismissed wholesale based on (ironically) tone or something to the tune of "it's thunderf00t" / "thunderf00t did this" etc.

It's something you have to get used to when dealing with these kind of people, they weasel, smear and resort to fallacies as much as possible to avoid actual debate.

It's a shame too, because most of it comes from sad horny white men trying to get cred or thinking they'll get laid if they "take up the banner of feminism", but in practice they utilise and perpetuate a lot of behaviours that "feminist theory" and "social justice" are supposed to oppose. (e.g. SJWs trying to body shame Francis/Boogie into silence over gamergate) But it's women that take the flak in the end from reactionaries on the other side of the spectrum.

Basically the Sakreesian defense league doing to him what they say all of gamergate do to her. Even if its a mere fraction...

Here we go. The gaming demographic is hugely in the male majority, so most games are made for Men/Boys, so if they have a main lead character, they are usually male. Most people find it difficult to relate to a protagonist if they are of opposite sex.

Lara Croft is an example of a strong character that changed thru times; starred as a big boob action girl and evolved into a pure action, strong wits and indiana jones type of character. Does it appeases the male audiences? Yes! Does it appeases the female too? Yes!