67 posts in this topic

Posted

Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community

Over 600 games developers and publishers have offered their signature to an open letter aimed to end hateful speech and harassment within the games community.

The letter, written and published by indie game designer Andreas Zecher

2 people like this

Posted

Seems pointless but it costs them nothing and it makes them look like they are doing something.

Oh and for that Anita person who is with that feminist movement, its seems that lots of people are upset with her because she took donations (Over $160,000) to help support her feminist movement but she hasn't done anything with that money so people think she just scammed them. I don't know if the threat she is getting is from them but it seems likely to be a donator who may be agitated with how his/her money is being spent.

Posted

This feminist movement **** in video games has to stop. Please just leave my games allowing me to kick ass and saving the women in distress alone.

We've had female leads that kick ass, we've had male leads that kick ass. This very vocal minority will bring in changes to games they have never or never had the intention to play. The day I can't pick up hookers in GTA or Saints will be a very sad day indeed. 

3 people like this

Posted

Seems pointless but it costs them nothing and it makes them look like they are doing something.

Oh and for that Anita person who is with that feminist movement, its seems that lots of people are upset with her because she took donations (Over $160,000) to help support her feminist movement but she hasn't done anything with that money so people think she just scammed them. I don't know if the threat she is getting is from them but it seems likely to be a donator who may be agitated with how his/her money is being spent.

She's been making a video series with the donations, the latest instalment in which got her death threats.

Posted

This feminist movement **** in video games has to stop. Please just leave my games allowing me to kick ass and saving the women in distress alone.

We've had female leads that kick ass, we've had male leads that kick ass. This very vocal minority will bring in changes to games they have never or never had the intention to play. The day I can't pick up hookers in GTA or Saints will be a very sad day indeed. 

Hopefully we'll be able to pickup johns in future games.

Posted

900+ could be classed as nearly 1000, 950+ definitely is near 1000 but 600 is not anywhere near.... headlines like this make me severely question the quality of the reporting of the original source..

1 person likes this

Posted

They decided to bully a website of sad lonely depressed anti social virgins because of 2 posts they sit there and cry about online bullying whilst being bullies themselves who repeatedly managed to censor a lot of websites and we all know how much the internet loves censorship, there not being attacked by people because there women they're being attacked because there either liars, corrupt or just general ######.

You tell someone online that your disabled they'll call you a retard tell them your black they'll call you a ###### tell them your a woman they'll call you a ###### tell them your Muslim they'll call you a terrorist tell them your Jewish they'll make Holocaust jokes, the internet is filled with despicable ###### who are given anonymity and have no repercussions for being ######, and just the same as life people only ever pay attention to that small minority of idiots and then use said minority to tar an entire group of people eg the daily mail and Muslims. 

3 people like this

Posted

See this is all well and good but publishers and developers will continue to make for their markets. So as long as people support these tropes, they will continue being used - it's just how business works unfortunately.

Posted

You'd sooner be able to end DRM than gaming intolerance.

2 people like this

Posted

lol feminists, get off my internet

Posted

And all the people who actually exhibit the kind of behavior they're talking about care that the devs want them to play nice?

For some reason I doubt it.

Posted

The irony being the "industry" and their supporters have been perpetrating the vast majority of the abuse, sending death threats to children, body shaming, comparisons to ISIS, doxxing and harassing women with dissenting opinions.

To borrow a classic RadFem meme, if you're supporting these corrupt individuals, you're basically raping women.

Posted

Oh the irony of some of the replies.  I hope that positive things become of the awareness.

1 person likes this

Posted

Give me a break  :rolleyes:

2 people like this

Posted

I hope they can do more than just reporting people.  I don't think a report here and there is going to change much.

Posted

900+ could be classed as nearly 1000, 950+ definitely is near 1000 but 600 is not anywhere near.... headlines like this make me severely question the quality of the reporting of the original source..

Update: Since publication, over 2,000 game developers and publishers have offered their signature to the open letter.

Posted

It's reached a point where people are offended that people are offended. This has got to stop..... It's offensive to me.

3 people like this

Posted

She's been making a video series with the donations, the latest instalment in which got her death threats.

Easy solution to this... people need to stop donating and she needs to find something else to do with her time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Easy solution to this... people need to stop donating and she needs to find something else to do with her time.

Whether that's true or not (based on this thread alone I highly doubt it) there's no excuse for death threats over a diffference of opinion.

1 person likes this

Posted

They decided to bully a website of sad lonely depressed anti social virgins because of 2 posts they sit there and cry about online bullying whilst being bullies themselves who repeatedly managed to censor a lot of websites and we all know how much the internet loves censorship, there not being attacked by people because there women they're being attacked because there either liars, corrupt or just general ######.

You tell someone online that your disabled they'll call you a retard tell them your black they'll call you a ###### tell them your a woman they'll call you a ###### tell them your Muslim they'll call you a terrorist tell them your Jewish they'll make Holocaust jokes, the internet is filled with despicable ###### who are given anonymity and have no repercussions for being ######, and just the same as life people only ever pay attention to that small minority of idiots and then use said minority to tar an entire group of people eg the daily mail and Muslims. 

I think censorship is necessary for people who dont know the difference between there, they're, and their.

Im kidding !!!  ;)

2 people like this

Posted

I think censorship is necessary for people who dont know the difference between there, they're, and their.

Im kidding !!!  ;)

I'm*

5 people like this

Posted

Whether that's true or not (based on this thread alone I highly doubt it) there's no excuse for death threats over a diffference of opinion.

Yeah the death threats are over the line. Best thing to do is to ignore feminists. They can't be reasoned with.

3 people like this

Posted

Yeah the death threats are over the line. Best thing to do is to ignore feminists. They can't be reasoned with.

Exactly !  Tell them to shut up and get back in the kitchen ! 

(I'm totally kidding)-

Hey, parenthesis look like boobs in a way... just sayin'

Posted

I wonder how many signed for fear of losing their jobs and/or being shunned by the industry..

I also wonder if anyone actually verified Anita Sarkeesian's claim. Call me cynical, but she tweeted before calling the authorities (if she called at all). I'm not inclined to trust the words of the feminist buzzards circling gaming, not without actual investigative journalism.