Apple releases OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 7

Apple releases OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 7

screen-shot-2014-09-02-at-12-05-21-pm.pn

Apple today released the seventh developer preview of OS X Yosemite. The previous build was released two weeks ago. Xcode 6 beta 7 was also released alongside new builds for OS X Server 4.0 Developer Preview and Apple Configurator 1.6 beta 5. If you find something new, you can let us know at tips@9to5mac.com. The release version of Yosemite is currently scheduled for the later half of October, and it will ship separately from iOS 8. Here?s what?s new:

screenshot-2014-09-02-13-09-55.png?w=140

-Additional new icons in System Preferences app

screenshot-2014-09-02-13-19-29.png?w=140

-Tweaked dark menu and dock mode and thinner font

screenshot-2014-09-02-13-20-11.png?w=140

-New app icons for Dashboard, Keychain, Disk Utility, and Migration Assistant

screenshot-2014-09-02-13-31-13.png?w=140

-Dark mode now includes Spotlight search

screenshot-2014-09-02-13-33-27.png?w=140

-?Software Update?? removed from Apple menu (Mac App Store handles these anyway)

untitled.png?w=373&h=181 screenshot-2014-09-02-13-35-05.png?w=646

Source: 9to5Mac

• Like 2

Wonder if we get another public beta before release or whether Apple just go straight to GM.

Some nice little changes, Yosemite Beta 2 is pretty damn stable for me :)

Wonder if we get another public beta before release or whether Apple just go straight to GM.

Some nice little changes, Yosemite Beta 2 is pretty damn stable for me :)

We should at least see one more Developer Preview before GM, going by the release schedule so far. I like that they're more regular and predictable this time around!

My experiences with Yosemite are mixed. Since DP5 I've been able to use it as my everyday system, but ? it's still flawed. Some animations are still jerky in DP7 but I haven't ran it for that long yet. Will see tomorrow during work hours.

One thing I've noticed immediately is that Google Chrome is extremely stuttery. Typing has a very long "delay" for instance, but the general performance of the browser is pretty weird. I wonder what change they've made to cause this, and let's hope Google fixes it soon! :) Unless I'm the only one, of course.

Thankfully there's Safari 8 which is pretty damn sweet. And so much prettier than Chrome.

We should at least see one more Developer Preview before GM, going by the release schedule so far. I like that they're more regular and predictable this time around!

My experiences with Yosemite are mixed. Since DP5 I've been able to use it as my everyday system, but ? it's still flawed. Some animations are still jerky in DP7 but I haven't ran it for that long yet. Will see tomorrow during work hours.

One thing I've noticed immediately is that Google Chrome is extremely stuttery. Typing has a very long "delay" for instance, but the general performance of the browser is pretty weird. I wonder what change they've made to cause this, and let's hope Google fixes it soon! :) Unless I'm the only one, of course.

Thankfully there's Safari 8 which is pretty damn sweet. And so much prettier than Chrome.

Safari is much prettier than Chrome, but I have a mixture of devices and Chrome is the only one the syncs on them all :(

Chrome was juttery for me until I switched to the dev build which is 64Bit, problem fixed :)

Safari is much prettier than Chrome, but I have a mixture of devices and Chrome is the only one the syncs on them all :(

Chrome was juttery for me until I switched to the dev build which is 64Bit, problem fixed :)

Yes, indeed. I can relate to that problem. ;)

I'm on the beta channel which is also 64-bit, and it's indeed very slow. I might go back to Chromium anyway, perhaps that changes things. I would use Safari but I've got some 30 tabs open in there that I want to keep. :p (And no, I really can't be arsed to bookmark or save the session, lol.)

Yes, indeed. I can relate to that problem. ;)

I'm on the beta channel which is also 64-bit, and it's indeed very slow. I might go back to Chromium anyway, perhaps that changes things. I would use Safari but I've got some 30 tabs open in there that I want to keep. :p (And no, I really can't be arsed to bookmark or save the session, lol.)

The absolute hate Apple has for allowing me to Pin tabs does my head in, which is another reason i use Chrome. For me though, Chrome is as fast as it was in Mavericks/Windows and I don't really have any UI Lag either.

The absolute hate Apple has for allowing me to Pin tabs does my head in, which is another reason i use Chrome. For me though, Chrome is as fast as it was in Mavericks/Windows and I don't really have any UI Lag either.

Hah, yes, they're slow with certain things. Safari and Internet Explorer have a lot in common. :) Also I went back to Chromium and it works as expected. No GUI slowdowns like with Chrome beta.

@Lamp0 no, not really, nothing more specific than October.

imho the dark mode menu looks so much nicer than the other one. another smiliarity to the latest kde are the system settings icons. they are getting nearer each other with every release it looks like. personally never been a fan of the flat style. i hope this era is over soon.

The Black Menu bar looks super nice.

Is there actually a final version release date?

I'm sure all will be revealed in a weeks time!