Supergirl (TV Series)

Supergirl Casting For Jimmy Olsen, Cyborg Superman And More

CAT GRANT | The project is eyeing females in their 40s, open ethnicity, to play the founder of CatCo, a media conglomerate that Cat built from the ground up. Kara (Supergirl?s mild-mannered alter ego) will work as a personal assistant to Cat, who is described as ?J.Lo by way of Anna Wintour.?

JAMES OLSEN | In his late 20s/early 30s, open ethnicity, James is a smart, worldly and (duh) attractive photographer for CatCo. Though an alpha male, his salt-of-the-earth nature elicits a huge ol? crush from Kara.

WINSLOW ?WYNN? SCHOTT | This twentysomething tech whiz/Comic-Con stalwart toils for CatCo as a programmer, unaware of his own (toying?) potential. Unware of her secret, he carries a torch for Kara, whom he lives next door to.

HANK HENSHAW | As an upstart CIA agent, Hank grew obsessed with intergalactic intel. Now in his 40s and lording over the DEO (Department of Extra-Normal Operations), he is on high alert when Supergirl reveals herself, worried that her otherworldly abilities pose a threat to humankind.

I'm really liking the direction of DC's TV universe and hope to see it continue with Supergirl. It's just a shame that Man Of Steel was so bad and is serving as the basis for DC's movie universe. Marvel has nailed the movies and DC has nailed the TV series.

Not every marvel movie has been great, they all make money so it's fine in the end.   The two Hulk movies, meh.  The Thor movies aren't really that great either, first captain America has it's issues but they made up for it with the sequel.  Iron Man 2?  Not great to say the least, and people weren't fans of Iron man 3 and emo Tony, or however you want to call him.   In the end, just like MoS, like them or hate them, they made enough money and fit into the bigger picture.   MoS is no different in this regard.

Because there's a big crossover in their stories?

Yeah, this shouldn't surprise people in the least.  Heck I hope when it comes to the movies and the MoS sequel or the JL movie that they bring her in.  I think a MoS sequel would be best, maybe following along the lines of what they did with one of the animated superman movies, think it was the braniac one with her in it.  I liked that one would make for a good live action movie with a few changes.

I really don't think she would come to TV full time. Her love is movies, but then again she was quoted as saying she just loves being behind the camera. Who knows?
May have to Tweet her and see what she says :)

• 4 weeks later...

Greg Berlanti Says Supergirl Could Enter the Worlds of THE FLASH and ARROW

?Later in the afternoon at his other office on the Warner Bros. lot, Berlanti meets with fellow producer Ali Adler and Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood to go over looks for their upcoming revamp of Supergirl. The show will follow 24-year-old Kara Zor-El, Superman?s cousin, and with a twist that that could melt fanboy brains, Berlanti says it?s possible this Supergirl could enter the worlds of Arrow and The Flash.?

Claire Holt In The Running To Play Supergirl

28ckhar.png

According to The Wrap, Claire Holt is among those currently testing for the role of Supergirl in the planned CBS series. She's best known for role in The CW shows mentioned above, and as you can see from the image here, she certainly looks the part! If Holt nabs the role (there's no word on whether or not she's a frontrunner), she'll play Kara Zor-El, a character sent from her dying home planet of Krypton to Earth, where she was taken in by the Danvers, a foster family who taught her to be careful with her extraordinary powers. After repressing said skills for more than a decade, Kara is forced to bust out her super moves in public during an unexpected disaster. Energized by her heroism for the first time in her life, she begins embracing her abilities in the name of helping the people of her city, earning herself a super moniker along the way. Gerg Berlanti (Arrow) and Ali Adler (No Ordinary Family) are writing and executive producing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never understood why they call it "Supergirl". She's never been a "girl" AFAIK, but a "woman". Superwoman sounds better and more grown up. If Supergirl's supposed to be 22, that makes her a woman, I consider a "girl" to be a woman under 18... Even Helen Slater was 20 in 1984.

I hope they DON'T use the DC52 costume, it's AWFUL. It looks like something that primary school kids tacked together in a craft lesson :( The 1970's one with hotpants, or the 1990 one showing her midriff would be nice, especially if she has a toned body. My lil lady does Martial Arts and looks kick-ass in her 90's Supergirl costume at conventions with her toned abs, she can kick butt, literally. If they want a hot japanese goddess to play the part I'll put her forward, make guys jealous of me :)

Heck, even Helen Slater's '84 film costume, but NOT DC52. If they do I will never forgive DC!

WB should've went with The CW because the show would be "grittier" like Arrow & The Flash, because then crossovers would be guaranteed, with it airing on CBS crossovers may happen but aren't guaranteed, I have a feeling that Supergirl will be more like Batman Forever as well as Batman & Robin.