After Begging 911 for Help, Homeowner Shoots Intruder

Back in 06 I was in the Airforce in Colorado,  This jerk wanted my car, but not as much as I did.. he fired, I fired neither of us won... I can walk small distances, he cant...

Back in 06 I was in the Airforce in Colorado,  This jerk wanted my car, but not as much as I did.. he fired, I fired neither of us won... I can walk small distances, he cant...

Yea, situations like that are rough.  Sounds like you are doing well despite what happened.  And you are right, no one wins in this situation. 

Our small towns cops only worked from 8 am to 10 pm, and after that we had to depend on the State Police post about 12 miles away. That post was responsible for everything In the southern half of the county with just 2 patrol cars. We were truly on our own, so the State Police told the farmers watch to do what was necessary and they'd clean up the mess.

My major situation was when I was a youngster in college. There was a night intruder and he had the drop in my father. Just as he told Dad "say goodbye, gramps"...... Dad lived another 26 years.

Since then I've made several citizens arrests because serious events were moving too fast not to do anything else.

One was 3 hoods breaking into a neighbor's house when the only one home was their 16 year old daughter, who was sleeping (parents both at work - colliding schedules.) I'd promised to watch out for her. They became very cooperative once they saw my 12 gauge shotgun.

And others.

Who is "Michael Lewis" in the transcript? Nobody in the original article is called "Michael Lewis."  :huh:

Sounds fair to me. The burglar came at the victim in his own home, and had not been invited in. He got what was coming to him. If he'd shot the burglar in the back as he was running away or searching the house, then I would have a problem with it.