Sony's Xperia Z3's will be the first smartphones/tablets with PS4 Remote Play

Unrivalled entertainment with the world?s only tablet with PS4? Remote Play

Sony has engineered a revolution in gaming technology with the addition of PS4? Remote Play on the Xperia Z3 series. With PS4 Remote Play, exclusive to Xperia, you can now use your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact as a remote screen to connect to and control your games on PS4. For those times when the TV is being used, simply connect your tablet to your PS4 via home Wi-Fi and use the DUALSHOCK?4 Wireless Controller with the GCM10 Game Control Mount to continue playing games anywhere at home on your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact.

Additionally the PlayStation?App lets you use your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact as a second screen to remotely watch the game play of your game friends, communicate with PSN? friends, purchase PS4 games and download to PS4, or simply to control your PS4.

Whether you?re playing a game or watching a movie, your entertainment is enhanced with Sony?s latest TV and audio technologies. Boasting Sony?s brightest tablet display yet, this compact tablet has a visual brilliance beyond its size. Combined with Sony?s TRILUMINOS? Display for mobile technology with Live Colour LED, X-Reality? for mobile and intuitive contrast enhancement, this 8? Full HD display is sharp and vivid even in bright sunlight.

unknown9tjk4.jpeg

unknown-1gpkw5.jpeg

phprel7ux3xj39.jpg

Just read a review;

It also has 48 hours battery life (Which is more than double what the most popular smart phones do)

20.7 megapixel camera and some very high end specs for a smart phone.

But the remote play feature they should be able to implement into other phones too. It runs on Android OS so they should be able to just release an app for all android devices to do the same.

I hope Sony don't lock remote play just in Sony devices, I'm not going to get a Sony phone just cause of that but with that being said it does look like a pretty good smartphone.

Their new phones are not bad at all design wise and they pack some high end specs to boot. Leveraging the ps4 remote play is a great feature to push their devices. Sony has a bit of catching up to do in regards to the capability of the software they have released for mobile devices, but there is already a lot of enjoy.

I have been holding out hope that they take one of these existing designs and offer a WP model. I know its insane, but I would love to see a Sony WP device that offered this same capability while also getting MS' best X1 remote experience. I'm not sure its as long of a shot as it use to be. I certainly don't think MS would actively do anything to prevent Sony from doing that.

Just read a review;

It also has 48 hours battery life (Which is more than double what the most popular smart phones do)

If only the controller could keep up though.

Either way, this is pretty sick. I didn't expect their phones to look as nice as they do. I'll have to keep an eye on this now. :)