Buy an Xbox One Next Week Choose a Game for Free

It'd be nice if they do this type of deal in Europe later on, specially once they release it in more markets here.

The funny thing is, I completely didn't read this properly! 

I don't know how but I came to the conclusion of buy one Xbox GAME and get another free.

Reading skills are on fire today!

The funny thing is, I completely didn't read this properly! 

I don't know how but I came to the conclusion of buy one Xbox GAME and get another free.

Reading skills are on fire today!

Heh, nope, gotta buy a Xbox One and you get a free game but it counts bundles so you can get 2 games out of this.

Heh, nope, gotta buy a Xbox One and you get a free game but it counts bundles so you can get 2 games out of this.

And take Xbox home from the store... hook it up and download Xbox Gold free games each month if the account holder has Gold subscription.

Good deal.

at participating retailers in the U.S.

jptre0Y.jpg

This will definitely be a spark for sales just before the holiday season kicks in.

One thing that I have heard a lot from people without a next gen console is that they are just now ready to consider one either because they don't buy consoles on day one due to a lack of games or because they have been saving up all of this time.

I would guess that history supports that type of curve in sales where you have a big boom during a launch period, then things flatten out, and then another boom in sales as long as your platform is healthy a year or two out from launch (i.e. a good variety of content, no technical issues, and an otherwise positive buzz pr wise).

Offering a deal like this for a short time just as a large group of gamers are considering a next gen console could be a big deal.

I guess no retailers in Australia wanted to participate.   :p

Seems we always get excluded from all of this sort of stuff.

you know, I would have actually thought of getting it if the Halo: Master Chief Collection was on that list. that's really the only xbox exclusive series I care about

Seems we always get excluded from all of this sort of stuff.

you lot? Try anywhere outside of the US, they tend to get a lot of great deals like this, no surprise the 360 was a massive seller out there. 

This will definitely be a spark for sales just before the holiday season kicks in.

One thing that I have heard a lot from people without a next gen console is that they are just now ready to consider one either because they don't buy consoles on day one due to a lack of games or because they have been saving up all of this time.

I would guess that history supports that type of curve in sales where you have a big boom during a launch period, then things flatten out, and then another boom in sales as long as your platform is healthy a year or two out from launch (i.e. a good variety of content, no technical issues, and an otherwise positive buzz pr wise).

Offering a deal like this for a short time just as a large group of gamers are considering a next gen console could be a big deal.

This is valid only for one week though - I think this is tied to Destiny launch.

This is valid only for one week though - I think this is tied to Destiny launch.

One week is enough to spur big sales under the right circumstances.

I'm not saying that will happen here, but its possible.

These types of deals, even if limited, plus other moves to make the service better and so on, all add up in the end.