First Destiny review - 6/10

I didn't play in the beta but after watching a lot of videos of other people playing it I'm just not impressed. My friends wants me to get it while I want to wait to see if the 2015 PC rumor might be true. A PC version  should include all the DLC that is out for consoles if they drop it in 2015.

My first $60 game for the year should be a good one :P (well I can use my Bing credit for $5 amazon cards then buy PSN store credit, enter the cards on my account and buy it (PS3) on the store and have the PS4 upgrade)

Having played the Alpha and Beta the reviews matter little to me, I'm already hooked and know I want as much of this as I can get.  It's looking more and more like I should be able to get a raid with 6 friends as well so I expect to be playing this for a while.

I didn't play in the beta but after watching a lot of videos of other people playing it I'm just not impressed.

yeah, ive been going to the preorder screen about 20 times since last night. i just couldnt do it. although i thoroughly enjoyed the beta, i still fear the game will get boring after about 2 weeks. also the fact that I have 5 games already lined up in the pipeline that i'll be playing non stop the next few months leaves me little time for any other games. i'll see what the reviews are like,and how many of my friends have joined the party and reassess my decision.

Wasn't impressed with the beta play and finding out how much content you get and how much activision are going to **** everyone on this with DLC. Would rate it a 7/10 on the time I've spent with it. If it didn't have the mass advertising it wouldn't be anywhere near as hyped and might fare a little better. Feels like another titanfall. 

I must say even though I haven't played Destiny and do not own a console, I wasn't expecting much from the game as all previous Bungie releases apart from Myth which was truly excellent were emptyheaded shootemup games, without a coherent or cohesive story and development which is important for any genre including the 1st/3rd person shooters. The bad thing is that so much money has been burned into this game and it's future sequels and for a fraction of that so many independent studios could have released games of substance and meaning...

The servers just went live yesterday, lol. Let's wait for a real review that played the game. My review after owning the game SO FAR, is it's been awesome.

• Like 3

The servers just went live yesterday, lol. Let's wait for a real review that played the game. My review after owning the game SO FAR, is it's been awesome.

I agree. The review literally went up two hours after the servers went live in France which is where the review is from. French website called musga.fr.

Not sure why OP didn't just directly link to it and instead used a pass-through link on n4g.com.

Bungie has already shared the fact they did not release review copies to the gaming press ahead of time as they felt it would not have given any reviewers a real indication of the game itself due to the fact it relies so heavily on social integration, meaning the actual servers being used by everyone.

As such it is going to be really easy to identify the gaming outlets who are sincere with their reviews as opposed to wanting to be the first out there to get a review up.

This review clearly falls into the latter category, so kudos to them for being one of the first reviews out there. They just solidified the fact nothing they write should be taken seriously.

I must say even though I haven't played Destiny and do not own a console, I wasn't expecting much from the game as all previous Bungie releases apart from Myth which was truly excellent were emptyheaded shootemup games, without a coherent or cohesive story and development which is important for any genre including the 1st/3rd person shooters. The bad thing is that so much money has been burned into this game and it's future sequels and for a fraction of that so many independent studios could have released games of substance and meaning...

What... I'm not a huge Bungie fan and originally didn't care for it and never really played the first game because.. I dunno... I wanted it to be the RTS it never actually was... but I've played the other ones, and though I generally only played through the single player once and maybe tried the MP for a bit on some of them, what you say it just plain wrong. they have a solid story and one of the few FPS game stories that actually is a story that immerses you and makes you want to play and hear more. 

I don't expect this game to be the next Halo, sadly my copy didn't arrive today, but will tomorrow. However that being said I see solid 7/8/9's across the board and with a huge MP fanbase they'll be able to add a lot of content and tweak things.

Games like this aren't always make or break with how they are month 1, sometimes massive changes to an online based game can do wonders.

But yeah this site releasing a review this early is just for clicks.

Bungie has already shared the fact they did not release review copies to the gaming press ahead of time as they felt it would not have given any reviewers a real indication of the game itself due to the fact it relies so heavily on social integration, meaning the actual servers being used by everyone.

I really don't get this. I played the Destiny Beta and didn't find it very social at all. You can't talk to the people around you, you have to be on a fireteam.

Depending on the mission a firetime can be limited to as few as 3 people and in the beta at least it never went above 6. That's a "Social" game? The most social aspect I found about the game was all the people goofing off doing the dance emote in the tower.

Now I'm not really the target audience, I played with one of the free beta codes a friend got from their preorder so I'm not going to make any judgement one way or the other on the quality of the game as a shooter. Maybe it is the greatest FPS ever made. I just don't see how they can say "it relies so heavily on social intergration." To me that just sounds like an excuse to not give reviews copies ahead of time and Destiny fans just drink the cool-aid and accept it as gospel. Heck I'd say any FPS that allows 8 person teams where you can talk to people nearby not on your team is FAR more social than Destiny is. It almost seems they go out of their way to make it NOT social.

I live in California so I watched people on the east coast play last night in on twitch and still not impressed. I might watch some more videos but the two boss fights I saw were boring. Slow moving boss with high health and spamming lots of different types of enemies looks annoying. At least get rid of all the areas to take cover and rest up, I want to feel like there is no hope. I guess the multiplayer versus will be the shinning spot until COD drops in November.