Sent email data breach

Question

5 answers to this question

No you can not recall a message once it leaves your servers.. If your sending inter office mail on exchange, then sure its possible to recall a message if the recv has not opened it yet sort of thing. This is always hit or miss.

I find it funny when seeing the recall messages ;) Ok what was in there you didn't want to send.

Sending to yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc. Once it actual gets sent - you can not put the genie back in the bottle.

Hehe, I recalled a message today but that was local... so cool ....

like it never happened!

Except for the follow-on email to the user stating that a message had been recalled. 

Well no... they'll never see ANYTHING about the message being recalled on an Exchange Server and ONLY IF the message has been read then they'll get that notification.  If it hasn't been read the message will be deleted from their inbox and they'll never even know it was there in the first place.

Well... I don't remember it working that way, but I'll take your word for it. Granted, it's been about 10 years since I ran an Exchange server, so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about at this point.