• I'm a cheapskate and I paid a penny!
    • Between $0.02 and $1.00
    • Between $1.00 and $4.99
    • Between $5.00 and $9.99
    • Between $10.00 and $14.99
    • Between $15.00 and $19.99
    • Between $20.00 and $64.99
    • $65.00 or more
  2. 2. I will be playing my humble games on...

• Windows
    • OSX
    • Linux
    • Other(?)

Humble Indie Bundle 12

It's that time of year again! 7+ games, pay what you want.

Link to Humblebundle.com...The games

#1 SteamWorld Dig (Developer: Image & Form)

SteamWorld Dig is a platform mining adventure with strong Metroidvanian influences. Take the role of Rusty, a lone mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. Dig your way through the old earth, gaining riches while uncovering the ancient threat that lurks below...

Key Features
  • A rich world of steam-driven robots, inspired by Steampunk and Western themes.
  • Explore an underground world full of secrets, treasure and terrors.
  • Uncover the remnants of human civilization, a degenerate race of dynamite-wielding troglodytes.
  • Randomized worlds with emergent gameplay.
Restrictions: None
Availability: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux
Steam Key? Yes

#2 Hammerwatch (Developer: Crackshell)

A hack and slash action adventure, set in a fantasy pixel art environment. Play solo or co-op in this adventure from bottom to top of Castle Hammerwatch. Kill hordes of enemies with varied looks and features through four unique environments with traps, hidden secrets and puzzles.

Steam Key? Yes

#3 Gunpoint (Developer: Suspicious Developments)

Gunpoint is a stealth puzzle game that lets you rewire its levels to trick people. You play a freelance spy who takes jobs from his clients to break into high security buildings and steal sensitive data.

To get past security, you'll need to make creative use of your main gadget: the Crosslink. It lets you see how all the security devices in a level are wired up, and then you can just click and drag with the mouse to wire them differently. So you can connect a lightswitch to a trapdoor, then flick it when a guard walks across to make him fall through.

Steam Key? Yes

#4 Prison Architect (Developer: Introversion Software)

Prison Architect is the world's latest Prison Management Sim. Starting with an empty plot of land you must construct a holding cell with basic water and electricity to house your first batch of prisoners, to buy you enough time to create a proper cell block. You'll need to hire some guards, get some showers built and unless the kitchen is up and running with chefs working away you're going to end up with a riot on your hands. From there you take your prison in whichever direction you like. A monstrous super-max or comfortable center for rehabilitation, the choice is up to you.

Restrictions: Pay >= $10, early access game
Steam Key? Yes

#5 Papers, Please (Developer: 3909)

The communist state of Arstotzka has just ended a six-year war with neighboring Kolechia and reclaimed its rightful half of the border town, Grestin. Your job as immigration inspector is to control the flow of people entering the Arstotzkan side of Grestin from Kolechia. Among the throngs of immigrants and visitors looking for work are hidden smugglers, spies, and terrorists. Using only the documents provided by travelers and the Ministry of Admission's primitive inspect, search, and fingerprint systems you must decide who can enter Arstotzka and who will be turned away or arrested.

Restrictions: Pay >= average
Steam Key? Yes

#6 LUFTRAUSERS (Developers: Vlambeer, Devolver Digital)

The skies will be set aflame and the seas will overflow with wreckage in Vlambeer's stylish arcade shooter LUFTRAUSERS! Select from over 125 combinations of weapons, bodies, and propulsion systems and take to the skies to battle enemy fighter planes, battleships, submarines, and rival aces for glory, honor, and high scores. Bravely volunteer for one of over 100 daring missions to unlock new Rauser combinations and vibrant color variations and become the most legendary Rauser pilot of all time!

Restrictions: Pay >= average
Steam Key? Yes

#7 Gone Home (Developer: The Fullbright Company)

June 7th, 1995. 1:15 AM

You arrive home after a year abroad. You expect your family to greet you, but the house is empty. Something's not right. Where is everyone? And what's happened here? Unravel the mystery for yourself in Gone Home, a story exploration game from The Fullbright Company.

Gone Home is an interactive exploration simulator. Interrogate every detail of a seemingly normal house to discover the story of the people who live there. Open any drawer and door. Pick up objects and examine them to discover clues. Uncover the events of one family's lives by investigating what they've left behind.

Go Home Again.

The Humble Indie Bundle 12 Entertainment System

This year they're also offering the "Humble Indie Bundle 12 Entertainment System", which gives you a T-shirt, vinyl soundtrack (presumably not all of them), a copy of "HIB Informer" magazine, a Shareware floppy disk containing game hints, pin badges and a case to put it all in. This is for people who pay more than $65, and worldwide shipping is free.

Quite an impressive selection of games this year in my opinion. I've been wanting Prison Architect and Papers, Please for a while. :D
  • Like 1

More "innovative" pixel "art" games... meh.  nothing that seems particularly interesting.

It's a shame you see it that way, because I know for sure that Gunpoint is an excellent game.

• Like 4

liked the prison sim in reading, upon watching the youtube video, yuck.

These  games look like they belong on facebook... but I guess, to each, is own...

I don't really love the art-style of the game, but it plays incredibly well. 

I'm with some of the people above.  For me, visual is a big part of the game experience.. I don't mind pixel art.. but I like it done right.. and none of the games visually appeal to me.

• Like 1

Odd I thought this was one of the better bundles and I've purchased all of them except for the very first bundle. This is a definite buy. Gunpoint alone is worth this.

It's a shame you see it that way, because I know for sure that Gunpoint is an excellent game.

To bad they an't get off the indie pixel art bandwagon then. I can't wait for that to get old and developers start making these games with proper graphics again.

not saying graphics makes the game, but sometimes a game feels a lot more interesting,if it looks less starbound and more Darkout, Not that it would make it a better game gameplay wise. but pixel art is getting old and all the game is starting to look the same, especially when all the "indies" are using it only to seem unique and be indie not because it's easier or cheaper to do.   it's the whole "let's be unique by doing what everyone else who wants to be unique does"

Odd I thought this was one of the better bundles and I've purchased all of them except for the very first bundle. This is a definite buy. Gunpoint alone is worth this.

Yeah I think so too. I owned Gunpoint already and it's one of the few games I've played this year through to completion. I think that graphically it's quite pretty as well.

Looking forward to playing the others :)

Yeah I think so too. I owned Gunpoint already and it's one of the few games I've played this year through to completion. I think that graphically it's quite pretty as well.

Looking forward to playing the others :)

Same, I bought it on release and completed it. Just 2 weeks ago I completed it again and it was just as enjoyable. 

• Like 1

Same, I bought it on release and completed it. Just 2 weeks ago I completed it again and it was just as enjoyable.

I do keep meaning to go back and do an alternate ending.

To bad they an't get off the indie pixel art bandwagon then. I can't wait for that to get old and developers start making these games with proper graphics again.

not saying graphics makes the game, but sometimes a game feels a lot more interesting,if it looks less starbound and more Darkout, Not that it would make it a better game gameplay wise. but pixel art is getting old and all the game is starting to look the same, especially when all the "indies" are using it only to seem unique and be indie not because it's easier or cheaper to do.   it's the whole "let's be unique by doing what everyone else who wants to be unique does"

I'd say it's easier to program and less time with art and detail to produce.  I'm not a developer, so I can't say for sure.  Not so much trying to do the "in" thing.

More "innovative" pixel "art" games... meh.  nothing that seems particularly interesting. 

These  games look like they belong on facebook... but I guess, to each, is own...

Look at these guys... too cool for school.

I'd say it's easier to program and less time with art and detail to produce.  I'm not a developer, so I can't say for sure.  Not so much trying to do the "in" thing.

not really, creating pixel "art" is as time consuming as any other, possibly more compared to using say 3D models or certain vector based sprites where a lot of the animations can be done for you. 

Look at Mark of the ninja for example or that other side scrolling 360 where you where a super agent thing .

choosing pixel art style is a design choice not a resource choice today. 

• Like 1

Most of these games should have been in bundles months ago, IMO.

Bought all but 2 of them individually during sales. Obviously the bundle works out cheaper if you pay the minimum, but that's not exactly in the spirit of the program either.

Great selection otherwise though.

Great bundle for me as i didn't have any of them before. Mainly bought it for Prison Architect and Papers Please but also heard good things about Gunpoint and Gone Home so it's definitely worth it (Y)

And probably the best bundle in quite a while.