iOS - Anyone else Noticed...

With all the announcements today, did you notice...

* iPhone 6+ doesn't use 5 columns of icons on the phone screen, even though it has ample room.

* The Verizon iPhone 6's will not support NFC.

* Apple Watch does not have a sleep tracker - could be because the battery lasts only a day and you absolutely have to charge it at night.

• Like 2

* iPhone 6+ doesn't use 5 columns of icons on the phone screen, even though it has ample room.
* Apple Watch does not have a sleep tracker - could be because the battery lasts only a day and you absolutely have to charge it at night.

Uhmm According to Verizon iphone 6 will support NFC.

Well the iPhone 6 + is  1080p screen and maby they  didnt put more on screen for a reason who knows  then as for the  Apple Watch goes  how do you know it dont have that  just cause they did not announce it does not mean nothing And also  they did not announce the battery life  so you are just speculating   . and as for  NFC why would it not be supported  on verizion when   NFC is part of the hardware and passport is a Apple feature built in and  VZ dont havea say  in the matter.  my LG G2 has NFC and  works on VZ   

gone are the days we expected innovation from apple. now they just follow everyone else and release mediocre improvements over what's out in the market.

wonder how long their bran equity will last...

Well  get your eyes checked cause  as far as  i know    somthing like  NFC  on andriod phone is  more or less   hard to use  as  it requiers multiple apps   like  starbucks and other stuff and you cvant scan your card in to your phone and save it  to use for payments  via NFC  while on Apple you have Passport and can scan  many  types of  cards  in  and or your credit cards and other things  all by taking a photo and or purchasing a digital card online and it adds to passport   1 comman place for it all  

Well  get your eyes checked cause  as far as  i know    somthing like  NFC  on andriod phone is  more or less   hard to use  as  it requiers multiple apps   like  starbucks and other stuff and you cvant scan your card in to your phone and save it  to use for payments  via NFC  while on Apple you have Passport and can scan  many  types of  cards  in  and or your credit cards and other things  all by taking a photo and or purchasing a digital card online and it adds to passport   1 comman place for it all  

Yea, no. Google Wallet can import any card, and work with any NFC scanner.

Well the iPhone 6 + is  1080p screen and maby they  didnt put more on screen for a reason who knows  then as for the  Apple Watch goes  how do you know it dont have that  just cause they did not announce it does not mean nothing And also  they did not announce the battery life  so you are just speculating   . and as for  NFC why would it not be supported  on verizion when   NFC is part of the hardware and passport is a Apple feature built in and  VZ dont havea say  in the matter.  my LG G2 has NFC and  works on VZ   

Got my info, right from the horses mouth...

http://store.apple.com/us/iphone/family/iphone/compare

post-360412-0-95975100-1410327432.png

It looks like that I have misread the chart. 

They just happen to line up with the carriers listed in the section above.

The columns from left to right are iPhone 6+, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, and iPhone 5c. 

Your looking at it wrong.  Thats comparing the Iphone 6 plus Iphone 6 iphone 5s and 5c. Not the carriers.

Yes, you are right.

Got my info, right from the horses mouth...

http://store.apple.com/us/iphone/family/iphone/compare

attachicon.gifVerisonIphone6.png

thats not under carriers thats under iphone 5 and 5s -.-  take a look at the same thing on the canadian page or "scroll up" and look at the columns...

Edit: Actually they don't even line up :P I'll lend you my glasses lol

Verizon had disabled NFC on phones in the past so that you use their own NFC payment system... their system you don't really link cards to your device but use their Verizon payment system to pay for stuff through their billing system... its a piece of junk and Verizon forces it on you... they even banned Google Wallet from devices at one point as "not compatible with verizon" because they had a competing system even though it has nothing to do with Verizon on a hardware level...

I'm more interested in why 802.11ac isn't available on Verizon and T-Mobile, oh wait that's because you are reading the site wrong OP! Follow the columns to the top of the page, not to the list of carriers, the no NFC and no AC features are for the iPhone 5S and 5C

Apple Watch goes  how do you know it dont have that  just cause they did not announce it does not mean nothing And also  they did not announce the battery life  so you are just speculating   . 

It doesn't use e-ink screen, so a day is the BEST you're going to get on that watch. Apple can't do magic. 

It doesn't use e-ink screen, so a day is the BEST you're going to get on that watch. Apple can't do magic. 

ok so if  Apple let say  comes out later and says it was able to shrink and make a 1500mnh  battery   for it    that then it only still last a Day.   the reason the other  Smart Watches only last a day is because of the tiny 410 or less battery in them  

ok so if  Apple let say  comes out later and says it was able to shrink and make a 1500mnh  battery   for it    that then it only still last a Day.   the reason the other  Smart Watches only last a day is because of the tiny 410 or less battery in them  

But again, Apple can't do magic, so they can't make a 1500mah better that fits in there. 

Now if it was e-ink, not only would the screen be on 24/7 (none of this auto off auto on crap) but it would last anything from 1-4 weeks depending on design and technology. 

even if you were right. this is innovation??? it's just patching the holes in other people's ideas...

even if you were right. this is innovation??? it's just patching the holes in other people's ideas...

Apple never called it innovation.  Only Apple haters say that everything Apple does is innovation or magical.  This is simply a better way to use NFC on a phone.  Look at the current status of NFC on phones and compare.

Apple never called it innovation.  Only Apple haters say that everything Apple does is innovation or magical.  This is simply a better way to use NFC on a phone.  Look at the current status of NFC on phones and compare.

I didn't say Apple called it innovation. I just said I guess they are done with innovation because this is a major announcement with Zero innovation... At least before htey patched up and made their own products better. This time they are just taking ideas from everyone else and making it all slightly better. 

What else does a phone need to do that does not exist in some fashion already?  We all have digital assistants now.  What else needs to be innovated?

Every damn keynote we hear the same thing.  Phones are a mature platform now.  There is really nothing else to innovate.  Name one thing that needs to be in phones.

We do not need 4K displays at 5".  We do not need 100x the speed of LTE (even if we do, that is not Apple's problem -- it is the phone carriers).

We do not need 32GB of RAM on our phones.

We do not need a 1000 mp camera in the phone.  If you really REALLY need that many mp, get a dedicated camera for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

We do not need a phone that lasts a month with full usage without requiring a charge.  

With the next OS X and iOS we can accept calls from our Macs too.  So please tell me, what NEEDS to be innovated for phones?

Also, just because other companies have these specs does not mean Apple is forbidden to use them.  "Patching the holes in other people's ideas".  Really?  So Apple is FORBIDDEN to make a phone that is 5.5" just BECAUSE another phone exists with that same size?  They are FORBIDDEN to implement NFC because other phones had it first?  People want these features, so Apple adds them.  It is simple as that.  I do not see how you guys consider it copying.  Android companies do not own the NFC technology.

• Like 2

What else does a phone need to do that does not exist in some fashion already?  We all have digital assistants now.  What else needs to be innovated?

Every damn keynote we hear the same thing.  Phones are a mature platform now.  There is really nothing else to innovate.  Name one thing that needs to be in phones.

We do not need 4K displays at 5".  We do not need 100x the speed of LTE (even if we do, that is not Apple's problem -- it is the phone carriers).

We do not need a 1000 mp camera in the phone.  If you really REALLY need that many mp, get a dedicated camera for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

We do not need a phone that lasts a month with full usage without requiring a charge.  

With the next OS X and iOS we can accept calls from our Macs too.  So please tell me, what NEEDS to be innovated for phones?

Also, just because other companies have these specs does not mean Apple is forbidden to use them.  "Patching the holes in other people's ideas".  Really?  So Apple is FORBIDDEN to make a phone that is 5.5" just BECAUSE another phone exists with that same size?  They are FORBIDDEN to implement NFC because other phones had it first?  People want these features, so Apple adds them.  It is simple as that.  I do not see how you guys consider it copying.  Android companies do not own the NFC technology.

People expect Apple do to magic.  Android phones can have their megahertz and megapixels and megabytes but none of that matters since none of those phones are selling near what iPhone is.

The fact that Apple can squeeze so much performance out of a 8mp camera and a 1.4 ghz processor is amazing.  No other company out there is doing what Apple is doing with its custom designed SOC's.  It goes to show how amazing the ecosystem can be when one company has full control over both the software and hardware.

Asking for a battery that lasts more than 2 day's on extremely heavy use is not unreasonable.