Delete DLNA share of defunct Windows account

How do i do it?

I reinstalled 7 on a machine a few days ago and, as i usually do, i created a "Test" account because i wanted to make some modifications where user account files and a few other system folders are located, then i created a normal account (that is stored on another drive) and i deleted the "Test" account, including all the files related to it.

However, on DLNA enabled devices (TVs, phones and such) i still see the COMPUTER-NAME: Test: share. There is nothing there, of course, but i still see it. How can i remove it?

edit: first you say share, then you say account, then you say computer....

title:

First sentence, first paragraph:

created a "Test" account because ...

First sentence, last paragraph:

COMPUTER-NAME: Test:

Well what is it?  If it is a computer it should rectify itself, if it is a share you will need to do a system restore to a previous date where you didn't create the share, if it is an account that makes no sense as dlna doesn't work with "accounts".

I don't know what the nomenclature is, but on DLNA enabled devices on the network (like TV) i see 2 DLNA options (are they caled shares? or servers? i don't know if that matters). One is called COMPUTER-NAME: Test:, the other is called COMPUTER-NAME: Current-User. The first one appears because of an account named "Test" which i usually create before i setup a new installation. I soon delete it after i do the modifications i do prior to creating a new account (one such modificatiion is moving the Users folder to another drive). I do delete all the files associated with that Test account, at least all the files that the User Account Contol Panel item allows/asks me.

That DLNA is maybe associated with WMP (i suspect) and i'm not sure i did/didn't start WMP before i deleted the Test account, but i'm not sure that should matter. I did not find an option in WMP do remove it from there. Also i have Windows Media Center disabled from within "Programs and Features".

here is my suggestion, switch from WMP to plex server (plex is free).  It is a lot better and seems to have better support with dlna, or you can download the plex app for your smart devices and play through that, it also has the ability to play through a web browser. 

https://plex.tv/

https://plex.tv/downloads

I have the plex app on my samsung smart bluray player, my roku, and my phone.  It runs as a service on your computer, your computer merely needs to be awake. 

Sounds like it's cached on your DLNA device (I remember some time back I had a DLNA indexed folder keep appearing even though it was no longer indexing). 

Otherwise, make sure the computer account, and user profile is deleted off the PC (System > Advanced properties > User profiles). 

Test account? Sounds like a waste of time. But each to their own.

• 2 weeks later...

It is not cached on the device, because today i added a new phone to the home network, one that hasn't been activated before, and it still sees the COMPUTER-NAME: Test: option. So it's definitely cached on the DLNA server (what program acts as the DLNA server i don't know). I do use plex, and i doubt it is at fault because i deleted the account named Test long before i ever installed Plex. The account is definitely deleted, i checked the \Users folder and Computer Management>Local Users and Groups. I guessed WMP by process of elimination. I don't ever use it, for anything, but i dread to disable it in case some error occurs. Media Center is disabled also. Please refrain on suggesting what alternative media management/streaming/etc. software i should use because it does not help me remove something that is present prior to it being installed.

I have another idea regarding the Home Grup creation/joining and how it affects the sharing of media which i'll try as soon as i get to the machine.

Apparently removing the affected PC from the home group and creating a new home group solves the issue