HELP - For Those Who Use Thinkpad

I have realized that when you press cntrl+f4 (to close the bar), the function doesn't work rather it is the hot key that plays the role - I think it's a thinkpad thing. anyone knows how to change the config?

also, when you want to switch the language, usually you press the cntrl key on the left one, but for thinkpad it is the right one instead - anyone knows how to change its config as well?

Umm I have a ThinkPad X1 Carbon and not experiencing any such issues with my F keys or language shortcuts (I use change languages fairly often sometimes). Make sure you don't have some app running that does that for you. I know some PC's come pre-loaded with keyboard/shortcut helper apps that sometimes change the behavior of the F keys to do other tasks by default (email, media controls, etc).

Hello,

Are you thinking about Fn-F4 key chord? That's the ThinkPad Hotkey software. I believe you can customize it to some degree using the ThinkPad Keyboard Customizer software. These days, I don't spend much time downloading and installing each individual driver. I just use the ThinkVantage System Update program to install/update any drivers for me as it works quite well.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 2

Which Thinkpad do you have?

I have the edge series - apparently you have to press fn+esc (fnlk) for this, but i have to do this evertime i bootup my pc, which is rly annoying.

i went to bios setup the other day to customize to legacy mode, but there was no such option - any tips on this?

also, my battery icon is turned into grey with dashes - i initially thought it was because the battery being defective, but when i clicked the app, it actually states that it's in good condition??

http://i58.tinypic.com/9zq4ol.jpg

Yeah I was thinking it's the FN+ESC thing - same as on the Thinkpad xx40 series.

You can do FN Lock as you mentioned but it should stick during a reboot (I thought). You will just have to lock it to be able to do ALT+F4 and other commands easily.

Yeah I was thinking it's the FN+ESC thing - same as on the Thinkpad xx40 series.

You can do FN Lock as you mentioned but it should stick during a reboot (I thought). You will just have to lock it to be able to do ALT+F4 and other commands easily.

how do you personally lock it? coz when i press fn+fnlock and reboot, it won't be locked

and

also, my battery icon is turned into grey with dashes - i initially thought the battery being defective, but when i clicked the app, it actually states that it's in good condition??

http://i58.tinypic.com/9zq4ol.jpg

Hello,

Have you checked to see if a Fn lock option is available in a newer version of the BIOS?

Getting a 503 error on your picture link, but I'd suggest that you try removing and reinstalling the battery (while connecting to AC power, of course) and see if that allows it to be detected in correct fashion.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

Have you checked to see if a Fn lock option is available in a newer version of the BIOS?

Getting a 503 error on your picture link, but I'd suggest that you try removing and reinstalling the battery (while connecting to AC power, of course) and see if that allows it to be detected in correct fashion.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I have tried installing the newer version of the BIOS, but when I try installing the driver I keep getting an error stating "The process does not recognize this system.The utility process has not completed." I have tried googling this up, but still no luck :(

so in conclusion, still trying to figure how to fn lock permanently!!