5 Million Gmail Passwords Leaked, Check Yours Now

Two-factor authentication, it's worth it folks.

My beef with two factor authorization is, if you are in a place (another country) and don't have voice or text, you are screwed ( in gmail anyway)

My beef with two factor authorization is, if you are in a place (another country) and don't have voice or text, you are screwed ( in gmail anyway)

Google Authenticator doesn't need any connection to anything, and you can also print a list of one time emergency codes.

Oh balls I am on the list. I use a lastpass generated password as well :/

The isleaked site gave me the wrong characters for my password though, so maybe its an old one. Changed and done 2step anyway.

Google Authenticator doesn't need any connection to anything, and you can also print a list of one time emergency codes.

Enter a verification code

Then, you'll be asked for a code that will be sent to your phone via text, voice call, or our mobile app.

https://www.google.com/landing/2step/#tab=how-it-works

that "check" site doesnt work now. how else are we supposed to know if we're affected?

It's getting hammered, try again.

mine was on it too. An old password but still, I used to use the same password for everything when it was the password they had.

Pretty scary. Now I use LastPass and let it randomly generate 20 character passwords with symbols etc.

I'm really freaked out that they had my password. Would love to know how it got on there

I have a few questions regarding the two-factor auth.

How does this affect my android phone? each time it syncs or does anything with my account will I need to enter in a code for it to sync?

What about outlook email client on my laptop, anytime I send or receive will it have me enter a code?

I have a few questions regarding the two-factor auth.

How does this affect my android phone? each time it syncs or does anything with my account will I need to enter in a code for it to sync?

What about outlook email client on my laptop, anytime I send or receive will it have me enter a code?

You can save trusted devices to only need the password.

I think the password they have of mine was from years back when I bought gold from a WoW site. I had my gmail accessed by china back then but managed to get it flagged right away and Blizzard to sort my WoW account.

The first two letters that site gives me is old. Will go through my lastpast vault now though to see if there is still any sites I use it on (won't be important sites, old forums and stuff but still).