Apple Just Uploaded A U2 Album To Your iPhone/iPad..And Seriously, WTF

Seriously. Go look. Depending on your iCloud setting, U2?s latest album might be sitting in the Music app, ready to play. Otherwise, the album is most likely still shown, available to download from iCloud from your iPhone, iPad, or iTunes app. Worse yet, it?s rather difficult to rid your phone and iTunes account of the album.

Yesterday at the iPhone 6 launch event, Bono and Tim Cook jointly unleashed this scourge on the iTunes world by daintily touching the tips of their fingers. Seriously, it was awkward. Cook called the album release the largest in history ? something that?s easily obtainable when you push it to millions and millions of devices.

Now, Songs of Innocence is everywhere, seemingly on nearly every iPhone and iPod and iTunes account. I, for one, do not want this on my iPhone, but there is little that can be done.

More....

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/10/wtf-is-a-u2/

Evidently, you get the album even if you dont want it.  Cannot remove it either list.  And the album is getting some bad reviews as well.

What hell had to go look at my phone and it's there. Not downloaded but listed in my artists. This is a load of crap they shouldn't be allowed to intrude into my phone like this without asking what are they thinking?

Useless article. The album was free so no real issue there. The only issue is them pushing it to your device via their service. Well, if you signed up thrn you get what they give you. I didn't get it on my iPad, but I also don't use the cloud stuff on any of my devices on any platform.

• Like 2

They released it to all iTunes Users for Free, that means its going to automatically be added to your iTunes account, no one said you had to download it. For those who have it on their device, its because you probably have automatic downloads for music turned on.

• Like 2

They released it to all iTunes Users for Free, that means its going to automatically be added to your iTunes account, no one said you had to download it. For those who have it on their device, its because you probably have automatic downloads for music turned on.

Yes, I do, and I want it that way for things I actually want. This isn't something I want. Now I have to keep a few settings turned off just so this doesn't repeatedly try to download. In addition, getting it completely off my phone is no fun. 

At least Nike+ Running finally added the 'shuffle playlist' option so I can create a playlist of everything else and act like this album isn't on my phone.

Useless article. The album was free so no real issue there. The only issue is them pushing it to your device via their service. Well, if you signed up thrn you get what they give you. I didn't get it on my iPad, but I also don't use the cloud stuff on any of my devices on any platform.

Lots do not want this. If you do not select it to download or add it yourself to your list, it should not be there period.  People who dont want the album is getting it downloaded automatically when they didnt select it. Why should they have to disable their automatic DLs just because they dont want one album forced on them.  And it appears many are not happy about it.  https://storify.com/ichris/who-is-u2%C2'> and there are more comments out there.

Apple should just have said, free album, and gave people the option to add it and DL it.

Lots do not want this. If you do not select it to download or add it yourself to your list, it should not be there period.  People who dont want the album is getting it downloaded automatically when they didnt select it. Why should they have to disable their automatic DLs just because they dont want one album forced on them.  And it appears many are not happy about it.  and there are more comments out there.

Apple should just have said, free album, and gave people the option to add it and DL it.

just deal with it & move along

So if I dumped a "free" picture of goatse onto 500 million devices out there, you wouldn't complain?

apple is wrong for giving people free stuff.  take it back and charge us for it if we want it......said no one, ever. 

While it may not be for everyone, no one said you couldn't delete it like you do spam or throw out the coupons that are put in your mailbox...or those pesky newspaper things or those sampler things....

apple is wrong for giving people free stuff.  take it back and charge us for it if we want it......said no one, ever.

Free is not the problem.  The problem is, you get it regardless if you want it.  And it appears to be part of your play list as well.  If you could remove it and delete it easily, then it wouldnt really be a problem.

• Like 2

You can. You're right, not a problem.

According to reports, it stays in your list and you can only hide it. Cannot remove it from your list and it appears to be difficult to remove from your device as well.

It can just as easily be deleted as anything else you would purchase off iTunes. Who cares whether it's listed in your "purchase history" on iTunes, seriously... (and it can even be removed/hidden from that list)

While it may not be for everyone, no one said you couldn't delete it like you do spam or throw out the coupons that are put in your mailbox...or those pesky newspaper things or those sampler things....

Yes if you don't want it and it is taking space up on your iPhone. I wonder if everybody would be so understanding if it were a Justin Bieber album.....

Then the sites that are reporting it are wrong.  Dont have my iPod at work (at home) to look at it.  Would figure reputable sites would know how to remove/delete it from the device and playlist.

And sorry, having something auto DL to any device of mine without requesting it is a no no.  I like knowing what goes on my device and when.  As well as lots of others.

• Like 1