Windows 9 Leaked Screenshots (Virtual Desktops)

I like it -- not a fan of the "zoom out" version some desktops use, kind of jarring, this kinda sorta reminds me of Gnome 3, except on the bottom. (Without that insipid start menu thing.) Not that I'll use it myself, still prefer multiple monitors.

Anybody else notice that they installed this on a machine with 1GB of RAM

The OS itself has been running just fine with 1GB even before this... obviously don't expect to run something big like Chrome or Visual Studio on it. Store apps would probably be a breeze.

I feel that the window borders are much too thin.

You've been able to edit the thickness of the window borders for quite a long time now.. change it under "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics". Always thought they were too fat out of the box. ;D

I feel that the window borders are much too thin.

Are there window borders at all? It looks like they are adopting a borderless design, like Mac OS X. Didn't care for the notion at first, but assuming it works like OS X, there will still be an "invisible" border of sorts that lets you grab the window and resize it. So, in practice, it should still work just fine.

You've been able to edit the thickness of the window borders for quite a long time now.. change it under "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics". Always thought they were too fat out of the box. ;D

I am aware that you can change it - I vaguely remember mentioning to another member that one could change the border padding through the UI -  but I did not have a real reason to change the setting until now.

Anybody else notice that they installed this on a machine with 1GB of RAM

Two words - virtual machine.

At this stage, that is the only way I would install any OS.  (In fact, this particular size was typical of a VM - be it Windows or any other OS, going back (in Windows' case) to either XP or Vista.)

It also makes screen-captures rather easy, as most VM software allows for it.  (vmWare, Oracle VirtualBox, and Hyper-V all do, for example.)

My own initial testing of Threshold will - like Vista or later - also be heavily, if not exclusively, VM-based.

Looks like the icon set is getting flatter, awesome. It's about time. Bet by the time a consumer preview is out everything will be flattened out.

True.  Actually, I don't mind the flatness (which started with the icons that premiered with 8) - if you absolutely WANT drop-shadows and such, you can always add a third-party program like Stardock's ShadowFX.

I am aware that you can change it - I vaguely remember mentioning to another member that one could change the border padding through the UI -  but I did not have a real reason to change the setting until now.

The screenshots look borderless, though. Also notice the red close icon goes all the way to the edge of the window now. Even reducing the window borders in Win8 won't do that, IIRC, so it appears there are some actual window chrome changes going on.