Coolermaster Hyper 212 Install Help

I am installing a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo onto an Asus Z97-A board. I'm having difficulty getting the backplate on. I've watched one video on Youtube in particular for install help (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n47WBQI31eE&list=FLXwxpOcUmrzDFgaUAvN3UNQ&index=2). The video shows turning the board over, putting the back plate on, and putting in the screws.

This is where I am having the problem. The back plate has what appears to be three slot positions. I'm putting the screws in the middle slot for an 1150 CPU. When I put the screw in, all I can get it to do is just drop in the slot. I can't get it to turn so that it's at least tight enough that it won't fall off when I flip the board over. It also seems that the back plate screws are only going in so that it sits to one side.

I've managed to get just one screw in and fasten it with a nut. I'm having a lot of difficulty getting the remaining screws in. The middle position on the back plate has a slight metal ident in it. In other words, it isn't just three open slots where the back plate can easily move back and forth until tightened.

If I'm having this much difficulty with the back plate of a CPU cooler, I can't imagine how the rest of the build is going to go.

Edit: The link above isn't working. The error I get is:

The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.

I fixed it, there was a space at the end.

IIRC I inserted all four screws at once and managed to place the motherboard on its back without letting them fall in the process. But if you align the backplate with the holes correctly you shouldn't have any difficulty inserting the screws.

You likely positioned it wrongly. Be sure to test it by looking at the front while positioning to verify you have holes that link up.