New Case

HI Guys,

I am thinking of changing my case, as I am currently using a Thermaltake WinGo V8000A   Which is big old thing and is about 10 years old.  I am looking for something small now, a micro atx case.  I want to go for a minimalistic look, must have good cable management, good airflow, preferably black in colour.

At the moment I have narrowed it down to the Corsair Obsidian 350d or the Fractal Design Define Mini.  Has anybody had any experiences with these two cases?  I would like your thoughts.  I have read reviews on both cases, and can't decide between them.

Thanks in advance.

Yas1320

It all depends on your preference. Which one looks the best to you? Which one has what you want? USB 3? eSATA?

My vote goes for Corsair Carbide 330R.

The 330R is a good suggestion too. I will do some research on that one.

I have read some of the reviews on the corsair 330R, and its not a bad case.

Here it is

330r_hero_up.png

looks sleek. :D

i have a Corsair case at home. It's quite nice. Lots of room for airflow and completely tool-less design.

I am swaying towards the 350d.  I have one concern though, I am currently not thinking of using any fans or liquid cooling for the top mounts.  I am worried that dust will get through the grill.  Have you experienced any of this or have you mounted fans at the top? 

I was going to say the Corsair 300R (I think that's the case I currently have), but the other cases posted on here are pretty good.

But being a Corsair fan, I'll vote for the Carbide 350d.

I was going to say the Corsair 300R (I think that's the case I currently have), but the other cases posted on here are pretty good.

But being a Corsair fan, I'll vote for the Carbide 350d.

I'm also big corsair fan now too.  I'm really inclining towards the 350d, but only the top grill is worrying.  Im looking to see if i can get a cover or filter for it.

• Like 1

I am swaying towards the 350d.  I have one concern though, I am currently not thinking of using any fans or liquid cooling for the top mounts.  I am worried that dust will get through the grill.  Have you experienced any of this or have you mounted fans at the top? 

You always can use dust filters:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=dust%20filters&Submit=ENE

Well, even filters aren't 100% safe.

26-996-023-03.jpg

yeah, as long as copious amounts  of dust does not get in the case, I don't mind cleaning out the filters. 

• 2 months later...

Not sure on that one exactly, however I have the Carbide 200R which also has the two 120mm fan mounts on the top and I haven't really had a huge problem with dust. I do not have fans installed in the top.