Apple says iPhone 6 pre-orders set new overnight record

Apple says iPhone 6 pre-orders set new overnight record

Apple today revealed that overnight pre-orders for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus set a new record, suggesting that consumers are indeed eager to get their hands on larger iPhones along with new features like Apple Pay, Apple's mobile payments platform. "Response to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus has been incredible with a record number of preorders overnight," an Apple spokesperson told Recode in a statement. AT&T has also said it's seeing more demand at this early stage than it did for overnight pre-orders of the iPhone 5 and last year's iPhone 5S.

So that's positive news for Apple, though "overnight" is an awfully tiny sample size. It's too early to predict whether iPhone 6 will go on to break the company's previous opening weekend pre-order records. Apple typically issues a press release on the Monday after it begins taking orders to boast about good news. In 2012, for example, the company announced that iPhone 5 pre-orders surpassed the two million mark in just 24 hours. So if iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus keep up this level of momentum, you can expect to hear more about it early next week. Both iPhones will be released on September 19th.

Source: The Verge

i stayed up until 2am and store wasn't ready. Woke up at 730am and Plus all sold out... :angry:

That is really surprising that the iPhone 6 Plus has sold out so quickly - I would have thought tha tthe 4.7" would be more popular but then again I guess there must have been a lot of pent up demand for larger screen phones.

Being in a retail telco store, I can give on the ground info so far with our demand levels. We average 200+ customers per day, we have less than 20 preorders since the start of this month. Record breaking indeed :rolleyes:

Being in a retail telco store, I can give on the ground info so far with our demand levels. We average 200+ customers per day, we have less than 20 preorders since the start of this month. Record breaking indeed :rolleyes:

The phone was knowed to the world 3/4 days ago, the ones that are ordering dont go on telco they order on site, thats why the apple store was in trouble the first 30 min.

Every iPhone user will want to upgrade, unless the cant afford right now. Its a good product, i was expecting more on the inovation part. I dont know any product so well made to act as a simple work/fun tool. The touchID for example there isnt one other phone doing the simple and most secure feature, so simple to use. The swipe fingerprint scanner as 20 years old maybe, and yet others are using it in their most expensive line of products, that i cant understand.

Now we know how many:

Apple sold a record four million iPhones in 24 hours

Apple is once again setting new pre-order records for its new iPhone. After revealing a new ?overnight? record last week, Apple is revealing today that it has sold more than four million iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus handsets in just 24 hours. ?iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are better in every way, and we are thrilled customers love them as much as we do,? says Apple CEO Tim Cook in a statement. ?Pre-orders for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus set a new record for Apple, and we can?t wait to get our best iPhones yet into the hands of customers starting this Friday.?

Source: The Verge