Been looking forward to this new formula since the initial announcements. First race of the inaugural season is tomorrow, so let's see if it garners any interest on here.
The Car - Spark-Renault SRT_01E
All the technical information is available here.
Due to the limited range, each driver's got two cars a race; pitstops will be car swaps, like in MotoGP (and occasionally done in Formula 1 in the 50s before it was banned).
Also: FanBoost. Now, each car - like IndyCar - has a push-to-pass system that grants extra power for a short time; in Formula E's case, 90bhp for five seconds. Unfortunately, this will be limited to just three drivers (thankfully up from the initial one): the ones who get the most votes in the FanBoost poll each race (which closes 20 minutes before the race start); they'll get one boost per car each race.
Team and Driver Lineup
- Beijing ePrix (China) - Beijing Olympic Green Circuit - 13 September 2014
- Putrajaya ePrix (Malaysia) - Putrajaya Street Circuit - 22 November 2014
- Punta del Este ePrix (Uruguay) - Punta del Este Street Circuit - 13 December 2014
- Buenos Aires ePrix (Argentina) - Puerto Madero Street Circuit - 10 January 2015
- TBA - 14 February 2015
- Miami ePrix (United States) - Downtown Miami - 14 March 2015
- Long Beach ePrix (United States) - Long Beach Street Circuit - 4 April 2015
- Monte Carlo ePrix (Monaco) - TBA - 9 May 2015 - Local time
- Berlin ePrix (Germany) - Berlin Tempelhof Airport - 30 May 2015
- London ePrix (United Kingdom) - TBA - 27 June 2015
All race days will be timetabled the same in each city's local time...
So, if you're in the UK, the race will start at 09:00 tomorrow, as Beijing's seven hours ahead of us. I've added links to the local times of each city in the calendar to help.
Points are the same as Formula 1 - 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 - with a couple of extras: 3 points for pole position in qualifying and 2 points for the fastest lap of the race.
How to Watch
The info's available here, but I'll relay it here too.
- USA: Fox Sports 1
- UK: ITV4 (live + highlights) & BT Sport (highlights)
- China: CCTV-5
- Germany: Sky Deutschland
- France: CANAL+
- Japan: TV Asahi