How is your ios 8

As the title.

I want ask how is your iphone with ios8.

I have move it up yesterday, then many app got a flash back that couldn't be use.

It's make me so sick.

What's happen for my iphone?

Why would appear this problem. :/

iOS 8 on an iPhone 4S really slows down the phone. Apparently the processor can not take the higher level processing requirements of iOS 8. Many boot up or launch times are almost double. Very annoying.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09/ios-8-on-the-iphone-4s-performance-isnt-the-only-problem/

Is it "safe" to upgrade an iPad 3? I know it's faster than an iPhone 4S, but it's also a lot slower than an iPhone 5S. So is it likely I would experience performance issues and should stick with iOS 7?

Updated my iPhone 5 and iPad mini retina yesterday.  No issues at all.

Love being able to take calls at home on the iPad, handy if phone is charging, in another room, etc.

Considering that the iPhone 6 and 6+ have 2012 hardware, it's not that surprising.

How does the 6 & 6+ have 2012 hardware? :roll eyes:

Upgraded one of the iPads at work to see what needed to be done for the rest of the fleet.

Didn't really see any difference, I would've called it iOS 7.5 :/

There is no major visual changes, just like there wasn't going between iOS 5 to iOS 6. The changes in the iOS are major changes for developers to give new features to the users, so you need to install apps that can take advantage of those major API changes.

Considering that the iPhone 6 and 6+ have 2012 hardware, it's not that surprising.

I must have missed this, but what Android phones had 64bit armv7 architechtures in 2012?

• Like 2

My 5S has seemed clunky and many apps have frozen since the update. I will probably have to either factory reset it or just sell it and buy a 6

I must have missed this, but what Android phones had 64bit armv7 architechtures in 2012?

I agree.  I guess the only thing that matters on a phone to some people is 5.5" and NFC.  iPhone 6 and 6+ does not have 2012 hardware in it....

iOS 8 on an iPhone 4S really slows down the phone. Apparently the processor can not take the higher level processing requirements of iOS 8. Many boot up or launch times are almost double. Very annoying.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09/ios-8-on-the-iphone-4s-performance-isnt-the-only-problem/

Agreed. Same here. Guess I'll stick to 7.1.2 till I change the phone. :)

I really like the quick reply feature. I've been playing with it on my wife's phone, and it feels pretty solid overall.

A good point that's going to get a canned reply about how 64bit on a phone is useless because it has less than 4GB of RAM :P

Someone is just out for a troll. It may have taken Apple a few years to implement NFC, but I have to applaud them for taking the time to get some major players behind it so it will work. Unlike other companies that just slapped it in so they could shout, "FIRST!" My 1520 is capable of using NFC for things like tap to pay, but I'm waiting on an app that was promised over a year and a half ago.

iPad 4 - the Music app keeps randomly pausing the music. That's the only thing that I can think of that doesn't work.

I don't like Safari hiding the address/favourites bar as soon as you scroll.

I upgraded my elderly iPhone 4S to ios8 and I am very pleased with it - the phone runs faster and smoother and the graphics are better than 7.1.2 - which was itself a great improvement over ios6. In fact it is like a new phone, and I am wondering whether buying an iPhone 6 is worth while.

There are a ton of android phones that have arm v7 processors...But I believe iPhone uses ARMv8 not v7.

As for 64bit, it's still nothing but a gimmick. It provides 0 benefit to current smartphones and the vast majority of apps they have except for forcing devs to start making apps that are 64bit (which is a good thing for the future).

My 1520 is capable of using NFC for things like tap to pay, but I'm waiting on an app that was promised over a year and a half ago.

What app? It supports it natively out of box, but you DO need a SIM with a secure element chip. Most carriers (at least in the US and Canada) will swap out your current SIM for a secure element one for free, you just have to ask them. Same thing applies for Android.

Apple did it differently and put the secure element inside the phone instead of the SIM card.

iOS8 upgrade on my iPhone5 has hosed all my Bluetooth connectivity.  No headsets will work; nor will my pairing with my car.  Got an iPhone6 yesterday and the Bluetooth on that has the same problem so it must be an iOS issue.  OTHER than the Bluetooth, I really like iOS8.

The base OS itself isn't that bad on a 4S in comparison to iOS 7.1.x. It's the performance hit in some apps that drives me up the wall, especially Facebook and BBM. Keyboard lag in said apps is also incredibly annoying. I did turn off predictive text which helped, and also tried SwiftKey which works great... if you can get the keyboard to show in the first place. It appears there is a slight delay while the keyboard loads, or doesn't load at all and requires you to tap repeatedly on the text box to get it to show. Also noticed it doesn't work on the lock screen, so don't remove your stock keyboard from the keyboard list or you'll be stuck with a useless quick reply.

Overall it's not a catastrophically strong hit, certainly not as bad as iOS 7 on the iPhone 4, and I am sure Apple will further make tweaks in upcoming updates. The 3rd gen iPad was pretty bad on iOS 7 GM until Apple turned off blurring of some elements which sped up UI smoothness. As for my phone, it has at most a month before the 6+ takes its spot, so I'm bearing with it for now.

... also this whole 2012 hardware nonsense, put that to rest for god's sakes.

My iPad Air spontaneously rebooted twice in last 3 days. So it's back on 7.1.2

It now lags at random places. In Safari, tap on address bar and enjoy the lag show when the keyboard is popping up. Feels worse than Android. Since they have introduced new transparency effect for address bar drop down menu, it taxes GPU. I think it was done deliberately as Apple knows this throughout the beta process.

Presently iOS 8.0 is utter s***. Apple apologists on macrumors will defend it with their life.