[S4]Tried to Encrypt Phone, Is It Dead?

Oh dear, what have I done?

So last night I thought it would be a smart idea to encrypt my phone. However, I guess there is an error with the encryption process in the custom ROM I was using (Imperium V.12). I entered the password that I wanted to use, I saw the Android logo for a split second and then the phone went black. I left it for a while, but the phone didn't seem to be doing anything. When I forced a restart on the phone, it booted but then asked me to enter the password to decrypt the data.

First off, I keep getting told that the process com.android.systemui has been stopped. If I click OK the message reappears a moment later.

Second, when I finally manage to enter the password and hit the continue button, the phone goes black and then restarts again.

So far I have tried to factory reset the phone. Having read around that should remove the encryption, but when I then restarted the phone I still get asked for the password, and when I enter it the phone still reboots.

I also tried reinstalling the ROM with the same settings. Same result.

I tried installing the ROM with a different Kernel (probably wouldn't make a difference, but why not?) Same thing.

I tried installing a different custom ROM, and still I get the same reboot issue.

I have also tried restarting the phone without my SD card inserted, as I've heard that can occasionally be the issue. But again, I get the same problem.

Now if my understanding is correct, the issue isn't with the bootloader because I can get past the booting stage. The issue also isn't with CWM Recovery, as I can access that without a problem. What confuses me though is that by replacing the ROM it should overwrite the whole OS, thereby resetting the encryption, shouldn't it?

So, have I done the impossible and bricked my phone? :p

If you can boot into recovery you should be able to wipe the full thing and it should remove the password and encryption with it

what rom are u using?

use Odin to flash it back to stock. Then go into recovery (volume down, power and home button) and select wipe data/factory reset.

This does of course erase all your data. You should end up with an unencrypted storage.