Comcast and their datacap

Is it just me or Comcast 300 GB datacap is not working for Netflix and Hulu users. I've been getting very close to the 300gb mark and went over a few times. I know Comcast wants you to use there service but with there service it just sucks. I don't get how they can get away with if you use there service no data is use but if you Netflix or Hulu they don't blink an eye with throttle data and capping on people using it.

Anyone who says 300GB a month is enough even don't have Netflix, Xbox One or any service that use a lot of data.

Had they release the cap in all markets yet? I know about 8 markets have the test which I'm in. Just hope Google gets in to my market north from Atlanta so Comcast will stop these bad work of businesses.

I'm sure glad to be in an area with no Comcast caps. I'm even more glad that by next summer the wife and I will be done with Comcast entirely.

what are you switching too?

If you don't mind what do you pay for 300GB and what is the bandwidth on the connection?

With my ISP if you want a 300GB cap you are stick with 22/2 Mbps for $170/month. I just end up on the 500GB plan with a 250/10 Mbps connection for $189/month. I live in Alaska, so that's why the price is so high...there is no competition.

• 2 weeks later...

Google internet is here in my state, other city though, and so people don't swtich comcast gives them a WAY better deal, it's totally unfair too ......  I pay the same amount, and get WAY LESS...... anyway what they get is  $70  250 MPBS XFINITY X1 platform,  HD Service X1 DVR  3 FULL YEARS......   OH yeah PLUS Service for one additional TV  No Term contract, Free installation , guaranteed rate for 3 years, 100 visa card  ,  then they have a 100 plan which gives you a few other things , and a 120 plan which gives you all the sports channels... I don't find this fair at all!!  I hope this   Net neutrality stops comcast from acting like a monopoly 

why I say this is unfair is because .... One city has to pay around $50.00 for around 30 mbps ,     .... then one city they give a totally outrageous deal to?!  Total BS Comcast tricks their customers letting them think they are getting a good deal.......

Well, my account doesn't have the datacap.  Thank Goodness!!!!

I am well over 300GB.  I was at 500 in August, 400 in September.   I usually have 2 streaming at the same time, sometimes 3, and ocassionally 4.  Ipad, 2 Tvs, or 2 computers or 2 tvs, ipad, and computer.

I'm glad Comcast is not capping my area, we've tripped that cap a few times and double it on a regular basis, also my only other option here is Uverse DSL wich tops out at 30mbps, vs my 150 Comcast connection 

• 2 months later...

Would your internet use be mistakenly overcalculated? Or do you watch excessive amounts of Netflix/Hulu? I have a 150GB cap with Videotron (which can be removed if I decide to pay $10 more per month), and already watch quite a lot of Netflix and I don't go over that cap. That cap is also the reason I still buy my Xbox One games on disc though. I thought prices were high in Canada but apparently some places in the US are quite expensive as well. I get 30/10 for $56/month.

My family goes over 300GB every month. It is all from streaming Netflix, Comcast VOD, and HBO Go. When the cap comes to my area, I will need to figure out how to prevent going over that limit.

Is there a router that may help with this? One that automatically throttles or something?

• 2 weeks later...

No data cap in the Houston area as of now.  I am dreading the day they add it because there is a lot of Netflix watching in my house.  I honestly think that they should do away with the different speed options if they are going to have a monthly cap.  Give everyone full speed and let people pick how much data they want to pay for.  300 GB might be fine for some, others may be willing to pay for 1 TB per month.  If I understand correctly, they already kind of do that, the low speed plans only get 100 GB per month.

My only advice is to disable HD on devices you don't need it.  My wife's profile is only used on the computer, so I disabled it on hers, even sitting at the desk (unless you really lean in) you can't see a difference.  When watching it on the big TV then HD is on.