How to burn bridges

12yr olds supporting her 420BLAZE crusade.

12? Really? That low of a number?

As for broadcast, you'll see it on every single YouTube video titled "News Bloopers" for the next 5 years. Sigh.

A stunning advertisement. The alien facial shape. The sloppy unprofessional "quit" on screen so she can look edgy to the 12yr olds supporting her 420BLAZE crusade.

Top comedy!

You have to admit, it's a net positive. Rakes in tax money and saves a lot of money b dropping the prison population and allowing cops to focus on more important work. 

You have to admit, it's a net positive. Rakes in tax money and saves a lot of money b dropping the prison population and allowing cops to focus on more important work. 

Yeah totally, don't worry about vastly increased accessibility to minors or the permanent Brain damage, stunted mental development, impaired judgement, acute Chest infections, reduced resistance to certain infections, decreased libido, personality changes, growth disorders, increased risk of Lung Cancer, Strokes and Heart Attacks because it generates tax revenue; Net Positive. Just don't pay any mind to that increased Health Care cost that seemingly came from nowhere.

...vastly increased accessibility to minors or the permanent Brain damage, stunted mental development, impaired judgement, acute Chest infections, reduced resistance to certain infections, decreased libido, personality changes, growth disorders, increased risk of Lung Cancer, Strokes and Heart Attacks...

Source?

• Like 2

Source?

I knew that would happen. I can give the source, which I assure you there is one (many in fact), but I'm not going to since including this into any debate on the legalisation or even just discussion of cannabis always ends the exact same; "Pfft, that's wrong, I smoke 30 j's everyday and I'm fine".

Believe what you want, you will anyways.

Yeah totally, don't worry about vastly increased accessibility to minors or the permanent Brain damage, stunted mental development, impaired judgement, acute Chest infections, reduced resistance to certain infections, decreased libido, personality changes, growth disorders, increased risk of Lung Cancer, Strokes and Heart Attacks because it generates tax revenue; Net Positive. Just don't pay any mind to that increased Health Care cost that seemingly came from nowhere.

Fear monger much? I could say the same thing about tobacco and alcohol. If someone wants to smoke dope be my guest. It's a plant, smoking a plant should not be a crime. Forcing someone else to smoke it or selling it in prohibited fashion, ok, that could be a crime. But personal use in a case where you make the decision to do it isn't something to arrest people for. I'd feel the same way if someone wanted to drink Clorox or snort cocaine.

• Like 1

Fear monger much?

No, I just like to raise awareness to what appears to always be an overlooked aspect of the legalisation of cannabis. Everyone seems to think it's all good ("net positive").

I also think Tobacco should be illegal and alcohol be much more heavily moderated. But, I digress. It's not for reasons most of you would assume. I agree, people are free to do what they like so long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

Capitalization is not necessary.

I actually went through it and made sure my capitalisation was correct. I believe I only messed up "Positive", the rest are Nouns I believe. I'm not an expert on capitals but I didn't mistakenly post it like that.

• Like 1

I also think Tobacco should be illegal and alcohol be much more heavily moderated. But, I digress. It's not for reasons most of you would assume. I agree, people are free to do what they like so long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

I find it very interesting that you think tobacco should be illegal, but alcohol only more heavily regulated. That seems backwards to me as the immediate result of getting drunk could be much more deadly than smoking tobacco and the future health concerns are roughly equal.

• Like 1

I love how people say that marijuana should be illegal because of it's supposed bad effects on health, but they have no problem leaving alcohol and tobacco legal.

I'd have no issue banning all three.

I find it very interesting that you think tobacco should be illegal, but alcohol only more heavily regulated. That seems backwards to me as the immediate result of getting drunk could be much more deadly than smoking tobacco and the future health concerns are roughly equal.

In moderation Alcohol has been proven to have positive health effects. It can lower Blood Pressure, increase Cardiovascular health, decrease risk for Type 2 Diabetes, decrease risk of Ischemic Stroke and overall make you super fun. Note: The definition of moderation is loose, so subjectively I'd say it's somewhere in the range of 1 - 7 drinks per week. Some may argue more. It's also different between Men and Women.

Tobacco has basically no positive health effects, but here are some so I remove some bias: lowers risk of Parkinson's Disease, lowers risk of obesity, lowers risk of death from certain Heart attacks (which was likely caused from Smoking [no citation]).

Both substances can be dangerous to others. Alcohol indirectly endangers the life of others in cases of moderate to severe consumption (traffic accidents, domestic violence, etc). Which is why I'd request heavy moderation to maintain its legal status. In moderation these effects can be greatly minimised as well as maintaining the positive effects of consumption.

Tobacco however, in basically any dose, causes symptoms in non-Smokers within a proximity. And not just a few, but a lot. Hence why I believe it should be illegal. The positive effects are vastly outweighed.

When Kids start dying from second-hand Alcohol, I'd advise making it illegal as well.

I didn't feel I needed to justify this logic. And, maybe still I haven't to some; but, as it's a sensitive topic (as with any addictive substance) I felt a rationalisation was in order before this escalated further.

There are, of course, positive health effects with Cannabis as well but it's a situation you have to weigh appropriately and I still can't justify it's legalisation. Although, since I don't use Cannabis I can see how it's easy to claim a bias (which doesn't exist).

I knew that would happen. I can give the source, which I assure you there is one (many in fact), but I'm not going to since including this into any debate on the legalisation or even just discussion of cannabis always ends the exact same; "Pfft, that's wrong, I smoke 30 j's everyday and I'm fine".

Really? I see the opposite... where there are medical studies saying that marijuana is actually beneficial in many ways.

A stunning advertisement. The alien facial shape. The sloppy unprofessional "quit" on screen so she can look edgy to the 12yr olds supporting her 420BLAZE crusade.

Top comedy!

The comedy I got.. was purely from your post.  You sir.. should be a comedian.

Holy deflection Batman

In moderation Alcohol has been proven to have positive health effects. It can lower Blood Pressure, increase Cardiovascular health, decrease risk for Type 2 Diabetes, decrease risk of Ischemic Stroke and overall make you super fun. Note: The definition of moderation is loose, so subjectively I'd say it's somewhere in the range of 1 - 7 drinks per week. Some may argue more. It's also different between Men and Women.

Tobacco has basically no positive health effects, but here are some so I remove some bias: lowers risk of Parkinson's Disease, lowers risk of obesity, lowers risk of death from certain Heart attacks (which was likely caused from Smoking [no citation]).

Both substances can be dangerous to others. Alcohol indirectly endangers the life of others in cases of moderate to severe consumption (traffic accidents, domestic violence, etc). Which is why I'd request heavy moderation to maintain its legal status. In moderation these effects can be greatly minimised as well as maintaining the positive effects of consumption.

Tobacco however, in basically any dose, causes symptoms in non-Smokers within a proximity. And not just a few, but a lot. Hence why I believe it should be illegal. The positive effects are vastly outweighed.

When Kids start dying from second-hand Alcohol, I'd advise making it illegal as well.

I didn't feel I needed to justify this logic. And, maybe still I haven't to some; but, as it's a sensitive topic (as with any addictive substance) I felt a rationalisation was in order before this escalated further.

There are, of course, positive health effects with Cannabis as well but it's a situation you have to weigh appropriately and I still can't justify it's legalisation. Although, since I don't use Cannabis I can see how it's easy to claim a bias (which doesn't exist).

Thank you for elaborating. Your logic makes sense to a point. It would be very difficult to regulate how much alcohol someone could consume. Here in Alaska this is a big problem. In over half the state alcohol is prohibited and yet Alaska ranks among the highest of US states in alcohol related abuse, suicide, etc... and it's mainly a problem in the prohibited areas (the bush villages). They even make their own alcohol, they call it homebrew. How do you regulate that? Brewing your own liquor is already a federal crime, by the way.

You know, hemp has many more positive attributes than cannabis, alcohol, and tobacco combined and yet it's illegal (at least in the US). It makes no sense until you look at all of the commercial products that hemp would eliminate the need for. And people think the government has their best interest at heart...

Holy deflection Batman

Yes, it was. And I even pointed out exactly why. I deflected because it'll escalate unnecessarily. I know how this ends. Sources will change nothing.

Thank you for elaborating. Your logic makes sense to a point. It would be very difficult to regulate how much alcohol someone could consume. Here in Alaska this is a big problem. In over half the state alcohol is prohibited and yet Alaska ranks among the highest of US states in alcohol related abuse, suicide, etc... and it's mainly a problem in the prohibited areas (the bush villages). 

You know, hemp has many more positive attributes than cannabis, alcohol, and tobacco combined and yet it's illegal (at least in the US). It makes no sense until you look at all of the commercial products that hemp would eliminate the need for. And people think the government has their best interest at heart...

It'd be near impossible to regulate. The flood gates have already been opened. I am speaking from my point of view only as I know it'll never happen. I'm also not ignorant to the effects of proposing or enforcing such a law. It's impossible now, the consequences would be extreme. Just wishful thinking, is all.

There is still time to not legalise Cannabis, but once it's legalised, that's pretty much how it'll stay.

Let's ignore the fact that all that you have listed is "potential". Not only that but pollution, old age, sitting to much and less physical activity, ect can also "potentially" result in many of those same health risks. Let's also ignore the fact that minors have had the same access without the help legalization. Let's ignore the fact that billions are spent fighting a war that can NOT be won. Let's ignore the fact that millions have been tied up in the judicial and prison systems, ruining lives and wasting billions of dollars and man hours, again fighting a war on marijuana that can NOT be won. Let's ignore the untold lives lost being fought by those outside this country trying to get that same drug into it. Let's ignore that the Cartels have been financially hurt by the changes to the legal state of MJ in the US. Let's ignore the potential upside of medical cannabis. Let's ignore the upside of taking the drugs out of the street dealers, gangs and criminal elements hands. Let's ignore the upside of taxing and regulating, again vs the streets having a free run. Let's ignore the same tax dollars that could go to education and rehabs. Let's ignore reducing the prison population of nonviolent offenders over this drug. 

Let's ignore all these things because it's far easier to keep the status quo and maintain a blind eye to a failed system. 

Yes, it was. And I even pointed out exactly why. I deflected because it'll escalate unnecessarily. I know how this ends. Sources will change nothing.

Forums are for debating and discussions, it seems petty to make a claim then run when asked to back it up. If you were so concerned with "how it could end", then why throw your two cents in to begin with? 

For what it's worth I am not a cannabis user, however one of my ex-girlfriends was a heavy user (arguably an addict) and unfortunately experienced severe episodes of schizophrenia and psychosis that doctors believed were worsened by the drug.

However, on the flip side, I know of individuals suffering from Multiple sclerosis and other terminal illnesses, whose symptoms are alleviated by consuming marijuana.  The amount of anecdotal evidence from those who have experienced an improved way of life as a result of smoking cannabis cannot be ignored.

And on a social level, not locking-up those who choose to consume the drug would also lower the incarceration rate considerably, freeing-up resources allocated to building more prisons etc.

It'd be near impossible to regulate. The flood gates have already been opened. I am speaking from my point of view only as I know it'll never happen. I'm also not ignorant to the effects of proposing or enforcing such a law. It's impossible now, the consequences would be extreme. Just wishful thinking, is all.

There is still time to not legalise Cannabis, but once it's legalised, that's pretty much how it'll stay.

There will always be a black market for pot. Just like there are still black markets for tobacco, alcohol, weapons, medicine, hell even play stations and xbox's. That in no way equates to them not have strong forms of regulations. The flood gates for pot have been open for decades, arguing that legalization will somehow magically make it worse is FUD. Back up your claims or stop making them, but it's you that's doing the fear mongering here.

Let's ignore the fact that all that you have listed is "potential". Not only that but pollution, old age, sitting to much and less physical activity, ect can also "potentially" result in many of those same health risks. Let's also ignore the fact that minors have had the same access without the help legalization. Let's ignore the fact that billions are spent fighting a war that can NOT be won. Let's ignore the fact that millions have been tied up in the judicial and prison systems, ruining lives and wasting billions of dollars and man hours, again fighting a war on marijuana that can NOT be won. Let's ignore the untold lives lost being fought by those outside this country trying to get that same drug into it. Let's ignore that the Cartels have been financially hurt by the changes to the legal state of MJ in the US. Let's ignore the potential upside of medical cannabis. Let's ignore the upside of taking the drugs out of the street dealers, gangs and criminal elements hands. Let's ignore the upside of taxing and regulating, again vs the streets having a free run. Let's ignore the same tax dollars that could go to education and rehabs. Let's ignore reducing the prison population of nonviolent offenders over this drug. 

Let's ignore all these things because it's far easier to keep the status quo and maintain a blind eye to a failed system. 

If you replace Cannabis with Cocaine your argument still works. Granted, with the exception of violent offenders. Even medically, Cocaine is a powerful pain killer.

Forums are for debating and discussions, it seems petty to make a claim then run when asked to back it up. If you were so concerned with "how it could end", then why throw your two cents in to begin with? 

I don't know, I just wanted to be a part of the discussion I suppose. I don't want it to escalate for fairly obvious reasons. It seems omitting sources has the same effect as supplying them so I'll just peacefully walk away from this thread now. :)

However, on the flip side, I know of individuals suffering from Multiple sclerosis and other terminal illnesses, whose symptoms are alleviated by consuming marijuana.  The amount of anecdotal evidence from those who have experienced an improved way of life as a result of smoking cannabis cannot be ignored.

And on a social level, not locking-up those who choose to consume the drug would also lower the incarceration rate considerably, freeing-up resources allocated to building more prisons etc.

True, I've seen the studies and watched a documentary on it. Pretty amazing actually. I agree.

If you replace Cannabis with Cocaine your argument still works. Granted, with the exception of violent offenders. Even medically, Cocaine is a powerful pain killer.

I don't know, I just wanted to be a part of the discussion I suppose. I don't want it to escalate for fairly obvious reasons. It seems omitting sources has the same effect as supplying them so I'll just peacefully walk away from this thread now.  :)

That's nothing more then a red herring and another deflection.  For someone that wants to be part of the discussion, you sure like them to be one way.