I thought they gave you a code, I don't like the idea of third party sites asking me to use login's to other sites or services claim anything :crazy:

I thought they gave you a code, I don't like the idea of third party sites asking me to use login's to other sites or services claim anything :crazy:

Humble Bundle is as legit as it comes, you don't actually give them your Steam credentials.

Humble Bundle is as legit as it comes, you don't actually give them your Steam credentials.

I know, but it's the whole culture of sites doing it that annoys me.

if your giving something digital away just give out the code, and not this daft shenanigans of using other sites login's*

*I am in no way saying humblebundle is a hookie service

I know, but it's the whole culture of sites doing it that annoys me.

if your giving something digital away just give out the code, and not this daft shenanigans of using other sites login's*

*I am in no way saying humblebundle is a hookie service

As always, some had to abuse it. HB never supported gifting keys from their bundles but the "black" market made an appearance nonetheless.

The gifting and account-pairing system is the best of both worlds now.

As always, some had to abuse it. HB never supported gifting keys from their bundles but the "black" market made an appearance nonetheless.

The gifting and account-pairing system is the best of both worlds now.

It's a shame that some will always spoil it for the majority.

I redeemed it in the end anyhow.

am kinda paranoid :shifty:  but the 2 factor on sites may makes it safer I guess

They give you a code redeemable on Steam.  (You can also pre-link your Steam account with your Humble store account, which lets Steam and the Humble Store do their thing in the background; that way all YOU have to do is start the install.  It doesn't get any more painless than that.  You don't have to, and you can unlink at any time.)  Downloading as I type this.

How long has HBS been giving away free games?

Seems to be related to on-going sales at the moment. Three free games during this sale, Warlock, Receiver and this. Don't recall them doing that earlier, though.