Goat Simulator Selling Absurdly Well On iOS, Android

After being on sale for less than a week, Coffee Stained Studios' ridiculous goat simulation game has hit a major sales milestone.

The developer has announced on its blog that Goat Simulator has already sold more than 100,000 copies on iOS and Android. With a $4.99 price tag on both systems, that's an extra half million dollars that the quirky goat sim has made the small indie studio.

Coffee Stained Studios says that while its future plans are still up in the air, it is currently focused on squashing any bugs that cause the game to crash (as with the PC version, gameplay bugs will not be addressed, and are considered part of the experience). The developer also says that it's working on Patch 1.2 for the PC version, and that it "will be the biggest and most awesome expansion yet."

For more on Goat Simulator, read our review.

[source: Coffee Stained Studios via Joystiq]

Our Take
The runaway success of Goat Simulator proves that gamers are more than willing to embrace new, creative gaming experiences in the indie space. At least I think that's what that means - I honestly don't even know anymore. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to continue development on my wood tick simulator.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/09/22/goat-simulator-selling-absurdly-well-on-ios-android.aspx

as with the PC version, gameplay bugs will not be addressed, and are considered part of the experience

This is not a "studio", this is a joke. Also, the game itself is a joke.

This is not a "studio", this is a joke. Also, the game itself is a joke.

Jealous you had a stupid idea, didn't make it into a game and made millions off it?

The game is actually pretty fun, more so if you liked THPS games and try to do the same things :laugh: Obviously it isn't GOTY. But to kill time, it is great.

I didn't even know it was available on Android.

• Like 2

Jealous you had a stupid idea, didn't make it into a game and made millions off it?

The game is actually pretty fun, more so if you liked THPS games and try to do the same things :laugh: Obviously it isn't GOTY. But to kill time, it is great.

When you say THPS, do you mean Tony Hawk Pro Skater? Is it seriously kind of like that? If so, they have another sale LOL

When you say THPS, do you mean Tony Hawk Pro Skater? Is it seriously kind of like that? If so, they have another sale LOL

Yes :laugh:

Have you watched any gameplay video?

More so, in a recent patch you can........GOAT MANUAL :laugh:

Go to 6:15 more or less.

Sorry I couldn't find a better video but just so you see (BTW, it isn't that hard to manual. This guy just sucks at it)

Nah. Actually Im fine with my everyday job. And not jealous, like you said, people devolve.

Yes :laugh:

Have you watched any gameplay video?

More so, in a recent patch you can........GOAT MANUAL :laugh:

Sorry I couldn't find a better video but just so you see (BTW, it isn't that hard to manual. This guy just sucks at it)

I am sold!!  :laugh:

Honestly the name was so silly I just never took the time to check it out. I think it might even be on the OUYA and I have some credit on it, so might just get it there. I think I might actually like it. 

I was tempted to buy this.. but I think it would be much more fun on PC / Tablet than my phone.

I cant talk about phone (Im going to get it now for my phone) but for PC its pretty fun. Do note it is a timekiller. Don't expect anything else out of it.

Whenever I hear "sold well on iOS and Android", I can't help but interpret it as "it made us mass amounts of money on iOS, no where near as much on Android."

If the financial statistics were released for this game, I bet I'm right.

I am sold!!  :laugh:

Honestly the name was so silly I just never took the time to check it out. I think it might even be on the OUYA and I have some credit on it, so might just get it there. I think I might actually like it.

When I saw the name for the first time (just the name, not the description) I thought I was going to be a farmer and it was the simulation of raising and selling/buying goats online :laugh:

I think its a enjoyable game :) Then again, our game tastes aren't the same DirtyLarry.

Whenever I hear "sold well on iOS and Android", I can't help but interpret it as "it made us mass amounts of money on iOS, no where near as much on Android."

In the play store (android) it is second in top paid (below minecraft)  showing 10 thousand downloads.. though that could be anwhere from 10 to 25 thousand.

I can't help but interpret it as "it made us mass amounts of money on iOS, no where near as much on Android."

Sadly, I agree.

People just pay for stuff on iOS while on Android some paid software on iOS is free on Android, something I really don't understand.

Then there is the piracy issue on Android but Im not even going to get into that.

In the play store (android) it is second in top paid (below minecraft)  showing 10 thousand downloads.. though that could be anwhere from 10 to 25 thousand.

That's strange I see it as 10th. Aworded (6th) and The Sims 3 (7th), just to compare.

Sadly, I agree.

People just pay for stuff on iOS while on Android some paid software on iOS is free on Android, something I really don't understand.

Then there is the piracy issue on Android but Im not even going to get into that.

To make it worse, my friend (on iOS) and I (Android) both bought Worms 3. It was more expensive on Android for the same game (and wasn't on offer or anything on iOS). Completely unnecessary.

From what I've seen and heard about it, its fun for around 5 minutes before you realise it's trying too hard to be funny.

I bought it on Steam two months ago. Got bored after 15 minutes.

• Like 1

It's the Germans, I swear! They love their stupid simulators. Refuse Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator, every time I see a YouTube vid of one of those games it's in German, and has 009 Sound System's "Dreamscape" (the notorious YouTube Anthem!) as it's soundtrack!

The Russians need to get in on it, they SERIOUSLY can't drive given how many Russian car crash YouTube videos there are, a simulator might help them drive better! They drive like goats!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It is. It's one of those things you'll play for half an hour, forget for a week, come back to it for an hour, so on and so forth. Worth picking up for the lulz.