What where you doing / remember from 10 years ago?

Hello!

I was thinking today.. what i was doing doing 10 years ago? In my case, 10 years ago:

- i was studying multimedia / graphics and web design, now i'm sysadmin;

- i had a Nokia 7110 10 years ago and in one of my prototype design presentations i had the idea of a new phone that could be a multimedia center: back then i called the iPhone and it was basically an iPod + phone + video + internet mashed together (heh i still have the powerpoint of it); now several phones in between i have an Android phone.

- Internet speeds were like 2MB/768KB back then and quite costly.

- warez and ascii / ansi scene were less hot, but still not everyone could have 0-day releases back then; piracy was rampant as well.

- Neowin was like hot pancakes because of XP theme modding and OSX news.

How times have changed... what do you remember from 10 years ago?

I was playing the first Star Wars Battlefront game on PC that was released on the 21st.

I was looking forward to playing both GTA: San Andreas and Halo 02 in October.

Finally, I was no doubt collecting new components for my gaming PC to prepare for the release of Half Life 2 on November 16th.  :woot:

Thanks to this awesome page on Wikipedia for jogging my memory.

I really hope Valve chooses to announce something about Half Life 3 on November 16th this year. That would be pretty damn amazing.

• Like 3

Getting married, enlisting in the Army, and celebrating my daughters first birthday. Still married, out of the Army, and my daughter and I are building her first computer together this month!

I was young then; I was searching on the Detstar GoldenEye 64 Wiki, watching Star Wars, and playing games on Miniclip.

Also, I think ten years ago, I found IGN for the first time.

I was playing the first Star Wars Battlefront game on PC that was released on the 21st.

I was looking forward to playing both GTA: San Andreas and Halo 02 in October.

Finally, I was no doubt collecting new components for my gaming PC to prepare for the release of Half Life 2 on November 16th.  :woot:

Thanks to this awesome page on Wikipedia for jogging my memory.

I really hope Valve chooses to announce something about Half Life 3 on November 16th this year. That would be pretty damn amazing.

How the times have changed...how the times have changed.

• Like 1

A lot of people in this forum will barely remember, because 10 years ago, their ages were in the single digits.

I was 22 and using dialup and dual booted windows 98 and windows xp.

working 2 jobs.

getting into fights with my moms boyfriend....

oh the good old days...

I was on my seat watching my teacher writing on the blackboard. T_T

I left comfy Belgium in early August 2004 for a year long trip around the world

First stop USA road trip on the west coast an Burning Man

Late Spetember I was training to become a Dive Master

I left behind back them a comfy 10Mb/2Mb internet connection :(

I was already disillusioned with the state of Linux on the desktop. The developments in the 10 years since have proven me right.

No but seriously, 2015 will be the year of Linux of the desktop.

• Like 2

Almost 3 months into my first job out of university.

Also had 2 trips to Germany with the company in the September - one for an annual employee party / team building weekend and one for a customer party.

Holy ######!

I am not too much active on neowin or any forum except reddit, I was just wondering around today from the Z3 review (very nicely done review btw) remembering old times ... and then I see this! ha ha

I was in university, messing around. spent so much time here looking through those desktops shots and fighting in real world issues ...

damn I feel old now.

• Like 1

i was 26, i had a full head of hair & lived 5 miles from fort benning georgia

now 36 bald like dr phil & live in southern california

Hey!

I remember good ol' Fort Benning, GA. Spent 3 years there discharging grunts and regular Army people from active duty!! Of course, that was like 34 years ago I quit doing that, which only goes to show that thinking back a mere 10 years is barely a drop in the bucket!

I still have a head full of hair though!! :)

Looking through my diary entries, I see that I had done a group hike in the mountains where we got lost (great fun, that was), spent some time in Djerba relaxing in the hot sun, one of our dogs was hit by a car, and I was just starting to knuckle down with the IB. If I remember rightly the rest of my time was spent with Star Wars Galaxies - I never want to play another MMO to that degree ever again, it ruined my real-life social life. :laugh:

A lot of people in this forum will barely remember, because 10 years ago, their ages were in the single digits.

lol alot of people i know in here are over 30s so...

• Like 1

lol alot of people i know in here are over 30s so...

yeah man, a lot of people joined a long time ago.

10 years ago i was super slim.   now i leaning towards a more rounded look.     

10 years ago people thought i looked 5 years younger then i really was. now all the people guess my age correctly :(

10 years ago a 3 months in gym made me look fit. to get the same result now takes a year.

but,  10 years ago i was a clueless idiot, and now i am a wise old man ;)  (as i like to think.... LOL)