new build

If I can't get my computer working the way I want I'm going to just trash it and build a new one. I recently bought a x79 chipset board. It's been the most bitterly disappointing purchase I've ever made. I want a computer that can handle raid 0 ssd with trim. I want native pci 3.0, i7 of some type with perferrably 6-8 cores. I want to be able to do gaming and virtual servers and machines and use video encoding. Is the x99 chipset capable of this? Or do you have other recommendations?

Not sure what the problem is, maybe if you tell us the brands and parts you purchased....

I have the older x58 chipset Core i7 950 w/ 24GB RAM, SSD, blah blah blah & I can do everything you mentioned.

The only reason I have 24GB installed right now is because of testing some server OS in VMWare.

My mobo doesnt have PCI 3.0 but other than that - this thing is so fast, it never pauses... in anything.

Maybe it was the parts you bought,

Wait.... is this in reference to the other thread with the lockups and stuff ?

You have good part brands but I wonder if its your SATA controller.

EDIT: It is a Marvell controller. Will update tb r other thread on that.

It is in reference to the other thread :) and yeah I'm not sure thought I was buying a good chipset at the time. Just seems like it's really limited so maybe it's the board. Like when I run my ssds on raid everywhere says x79 doesn't support raid 0 trim. The board says it's "pci 3

0 ready", but as far as I can tell it's still operating in 2.0 mode. When I put my ssds in raid it seems clunky. For example samsung's magician software says no Samsung hdd is installed. So that might just be the software, but the theme is the same. I want to not have this clunkiness thus machine has. If it's parts and not the cup set the great because that's cheaper the replacing my board, ram, cpu, and cooler; I'm just becoming bitter with this computer. I've never had these issues with any other computer build I've had.