Going from SSD back to HDD is so very painful

I completed my new gaming build. I blew most of my budget on a GPU so I had to cheap out on the HDD. I've been using an SSD in my laptop for > 6 months and I have gotten used to the fast boot ups and the general zippy-ness of it. HDDs, while economical, are so very slow by comparison.

I know, I know #FirstWorldProblems  :rolleyes:

Once you get an SSD, you'll never go back to a HDD for your OS.

When I am no longer poor, and perhaps when the price of the 1TB Samsung evos come down, I will upgrade.

a cheap 60gb ssd for the OS and then 1tb hdd for everything else

i cannot stand to use other peoples old computer....   over the years i picked up 2 ssds and one hybrid... and i barely need to touch my storage HDD

btw,

1TB Hybrid drives are a good trade off.  price wise they are cheaper then SSD and they are definately faster in normal day to day usage (movies, games, photoshop - etc etc)   then regular HDD

• Like 2

When I am no longer poor, and perhaps when the price of the 1TB Samsung evos come down, I will upgrade.

You don't need a big whopper SSD. Save all your games and files on a HDD.

My dad is running Linux Mint 17 on his system. He's only running off one of my old OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD's

ya its painful because I have I dunno like an ssd in all my systems and few laying around and in a few other thing over 20 ssds' for sure. And every customer that brings in their PC 99.999999% have HDD's they feel soooo sloooow.

You don't need a big whopper SSD. Save all your games and files on a HDD.

My dad is running Linux Mint 17 on his system. He's only running off one of my old OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD's

Yeah, I know, but I feel if I can be a little patient I can get more bang fo rmy buck. I might even find one on special.

I completed my new gaming build. I blew most of my budget on a GPU so I had to cheap out on the HDD. I've been using an SSD in my laptop for > 6 months and I have gotten used to the fast boot ups and the general zippy-ness of it. HDDs, while economical, are so very slow by comparison.

I know, I know #FirstWorldProblems  :rolleyes:

I'm using a ReadyCache drive with my HDs and I don't mind at all.  I still intend to get an SSD back in here, but I have had no complaints.