Sort Comments by Oldest!

Please can you have the default set to "sort comments by oldest". Even if I'm logged in, it always resets to sort comments by newest. Its so fricking annoying. NO ONE reads comments by the newest one first. Please change it to default to sort comments by oldest first. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. Or at the very least fix whatever bug stops it from defaulting to your last saved option. 

Agreed..

Unless I'm missing something this change is extremely annoying and can't see any benefit, only adds confusion where before there was none...

Change just for sake of "We changed" is not a good thing!

• Like 2

Interesting. The posts are showing up "oldest first" for me. Not sure what your problem is, brah. Regardless, how is that you know how everyone wants to use a particular site? Frankly, you don't speak for anyone but yourself. And what's with the all-caps thread title? Seems a bit childish.

Interesting. The posts are showing up "oldest first" for me. Not sure what your problem is, brah. Regardless, how is that you know how everyone wants to use a particular site? Frankly, you don't speak for anyone but yourself. And what's with the all-caps thread title? Seems a bit childish.

He means on the main page in the articles. Forum posts are fine.

Same problems are showing up for me

The show oldest comments first bug happens randomly for me

Sometimes it goes well for a day but then all of a sudden it's sorted on newest comments first

Same with the Type your reply here

Sometimes it's highlighted and sometimes it isn't

yes please fix this.

and a question i have about this item is why does the sort thing have 2 arrows?

a box selection arrow and a small arrow beside. it seems a little redundant

Oldest as default would be best.

I would also like the sort by highest rated option to only take the top level comment rating into account and sort its siblings in oldest to newest fashion...

And the bug keeps happening.. Just choose by oldest 2 hours ago.. Now it's by newest again...

I have never been a "annoying" member, but this lack of response from the staff is making me go nuts!

Can't someone from staff acknowledge this bug and present a time frame for this to get fixed? Or just change the default behavior?

... that when I go to the comments section of a front page article, the comments are presented in chronological order?

Shouldn't this be the default? To read comments in the order in which they are received?

Every single time I log on to Neowin and reach the comments section of an article, I have to select "Oldest First".

I have tried this on several machines, including freshly installed VMs, and it is the same.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thank you.

Threads merged, since these issues are related. The order setting is supposed to be saved (across sessions) AFAIK. It doesn't across different browser sessions for me...but I don't have a fix. As you've found for yourself, there's no misconfiguration in your browser or OS that is causing this issue.