iPhone 6 Plus fails bend testing compared to other phones.

Well this is interesting. This really shines a light on the potential weakness of apple's new iphone design. Loo, from unbox therapy, has done a series of videos bending other popular phone brands in a test of durability, and pitting them against Apple's new flagship.

He bent the iPhone 6 plus with just the force of his hands which caused the landmark bend in the same place as other reports. It's also worth mentioning that before the bend test, you can notice a slight bend on the device from just being in his pocket for the last 2-3 days, and although he says it is inconclusive, there is a noticeable curve on the body.

By the request of his viewers, he posted a video testing the durability against the Samsung note 3 to see if it would fair any better against the punishment, and a further video pitting it against the iPhone 6, HTC One M8, Moto X, Lumia 1020 and the iPhone 5S.

Needless to say, when it comes to bending under the pressure, Apple's iPhone 6 plus is just not up to par with other phones, even when it comes to their earlier models.

Videos below.

iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test:

Galaxy Note 3 Bend Test (iPhone 6 Plus Follow-up):

iPhone 6 Bend Test + HTC One M8, Moto X, Others:

It's pretty clear that the new iPhone's badly designed but I don't think we need another thread.

I did do a search in the forums for "iPhone bend test" and nothing came up.

I think that there is a bit of confusion here. There have been posts of the iPhone 6 bending in the wild, yes this is true. But all we have to go on is a few pictures and it's hard to verify the force needed to do so.

The point of this post is to point out that someone has tested this on video, and it shows that there is indeed a very prominent week point in the iPhone 6 plus that you don't get from other phones. This is about showing you guys a video of the anomaly, not just a photo, to give you a better idea of the structural integrity of Apple's new flagship phone.

I think that there is a bit of confusion here. There have been posts of the iPhone 6 bending in the wild, yes this is true. But all we have to go on is a few pictures and it's hard to verify the force needed to do so.

The point of this post is to point out that someone has tested this on video, and it shows that there is indeed a very prominent week point in the iPhone 6 plus that you don't get from other phones. This is about showing you guys a video of the anomaly, not just a photo, to give you a better idea of the structural integrity of Apple's new flagship phone.

You mean the videos that can be found here? https://www.neowin.net/news/bentgate-and-here-is-a-iphone-6-plus-bend-off-with-a-note-3

umm the iphone 6 plus is the only one THIN enough to bend. think about it that way 

the other competitors have over 2mm extra bulge or more. the lumia is almost that thick as it is tall :P 

What's really needed is to put an unbent iPhone in a human leg analog, wearing jeans, for a week or two. Apply just the normal amount of pressure that any pocket item would experience. See if it comes out bent just from that. Its likely the experiment that people have unknowingly been performing all along, but just under more controlled conditions.

These videos show that its easier to manually bend an iPhlex than other similarly sized devices, but they don't prove that it can happen under normal use conditions.

But they are fun as heck to watch! :woot:

I've seen mixed reviews of this. YouTube vids that shows easy bending and then a Consumer Reports that shows this not to be so easy. Even then the screen separates from the body. So I am getting a case for sure.