torn between asus and dell please help!

Hi I have a question.

I'm planning to buy a new laptop and I am torn between two choices

dell and asus

- i need a laptop that has specs that is good for gaming and graphic design I also need something that has an hd graphics that is good for watching movies.

and a not too pricey laptop but has good performance and graphics and can withstand heavy duty use.

I am not that tech savvy when it comes to laptop.

any suggestions would really help

What's your budget? Once we know how much you can spend it's easier to suggest a suitable laptop.

Oh, and welcome to Neowin. 

Hi I have a question.

I'm planning to buy a new laptop and I am torn between two choices

dell and asus

- i need a laptop that has specs that is good for gaming and graphic design I also need something that has an hd graphics that is good for watching movies.

and a not too pricey laptop but has good performance and graphics and can withstand heavy duty use.

I am not that tech savvy when it comes to laptop.

any suggestions would really help

"Heavy duty" as in the laptop should be physically durable or you'll be running some demanding games/programs?

And what current Dell/Asus laptops are you looking at?

currently im eyeing for dell inspiron 17 7000 series and asus ASUS X550LB-XX013H

I want it physically duarable

well for programs.. I'm planning to install some games like diablo 3, dota, sims and for graphics I wanted to install adobe creativesuite6 .. I'm planning to use it for both gaming and graphic designing .

I want it to be fast as well and won't slow down if I run programs on it

currently im eyeing for dell inspiron 17 7000 series and asus ASUS X550LB-XX013H

I want it physically duarable

well for programs.. I'm planning to install some games like diablo 3, dota, sims and for graphics I wanted to install adobe creativesuite6 .. I'm planning to use it for both gaming and graphic designing .

I want it to be fast as well and won't slow down if I run programs on it

Does it really have to be a 17" laptop? To each their own, but I find 17" too big.

Your budget is the biggest limitation. The games you plan on playing will run ok-ish on the Intel HD graphics; ideally you'll want a dedicated graphics card. Which pushes the price of a laptop towards the upper limit of your budget, going by the prices on dell.com - I have no idea whether or not prices in .ph are cheaper.

Does it really have to be a 17" laptop? To each their own, but I find 17" too big.

Your budget is the biggest limitation. The games you plan on playing will run ok-ish on the Intel HD graphics; ideally you'll want a dedicated graphics card. Which pushes the price of a laptop towards the upper limit of your budget, going by the prices on dell.com - I have no idea whether or not prices in .ph are cheaper.

I checked the prices here in the philippines it's around 40,000 -ish php. almost 1,000 USD . .. I really needed a dedicated graphics card, because of graphic designing. I don't know what's best for adobe creative suite.

17 is kinda large though, but I cant find a dell with core i7 processor that is not a touch. my friends says that touchsreen laptops are laggy.

asus is 15.6" inch.. I went into asus store and saw the built of the laptop and it's kinda nice I just don't like the color coz it's gold