The Sims 3 or The Sims 4?

I'm a big fan of sims .

I started loving it since I started playing sims freeplay..

I haven't bought a new laptop .. but I'm planning to install sims once I bought a new one

I plan to install sims 4 because its the new one and it has great customization features.. but I saw sims3 and the expansion packs are oh so great ..

which one is better? or should I install both? :)

I would advise reading the differences between the two. I prefer the Sims 3 with the open world. Check out the reviews on the Sims 4 and you'll see that it's headed down the same road as Sim City. I've played the Sims since the very begining in 2000, 14 years ago. This is the worse one yet.

I'm a big fan of sims .

I started loving it since I started playing sims freeplay..

I haven't bought a new laptop .. but I'm planning to install sims once I bought a new one

I plan to install sims 4 because its the new one and it has great customization features.. but I saw sims3 and the expansion packs are oh so great ..

which one is better? or should I install both? :)

What are the specifications of the laptop?

I would advise reading the differences between the two. I prefer the Sims 3 with the open world. Check out the reviews on the Sims 4 and you'll see that it's headed down the same road as Sim City. I've played the Sims since the very begining in 2000, 14 years ago. This is the worse one yet.

thanks! I will start reading the comments.. I only watched youtube videos .. so far the only sim games I have played is the sims freeplay in my ipad and sims pets for psp..

on sims 3 they have a lots expansion pack like the seasons , late night, college life and generations .. I haven't read much about sims 4 other than the new create a sim feature they have and it's cute..

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9738-The-Sims-4-Review

so, basically, Sims 3 for sure. They took a lot of fun out of it in Sim 4.       and since you never played either, you are better of with sims 3

Sim3 has more content because of the expansions, but Sims 4 is a much better "Sims" game. 

how?  just because of create a sim and slightly better graphics?  everything else seem less good.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9738-The-Sims-4-Review

so, basically, Sims 3 for sure. They took a lot of fun out of it in Sim 4.       and since you never played either, you are better of with sims 3

how?  just because of create a sim and slightly better graphics?  everything else seem less good.

Because the sim part is much better, better simulation of the sims lives. 

The only ting better in Sim 3 is more content, and arguably the seamless world, but frankly I don't think it matters all that much. 

Because the sim part is much better, better simulation of the sims lives. 

The only ting better in Sim 3 is more content, and arguably the seamless world, but frankly I don't think it matters all that much. 

Plus i've read that the Sims 4 performs better. Less slow down compared to the Sims 3 etc.

Plus i've read that the Sims 4 performs better. Less slow down compared to the Sims 3 etc.

It does, that's why they broke down into areas instead of having the hole world loaded all the time. 

hmmm

the processor is core i7 ddr3

1tb hdd

8gb ram

thats the specs of the laptop I wanted to buy

:)

Your CPU will be fine but which GPU/graphics card?

It will make a difference because both games are relatively demanding on a system, especially The Sims 4.

I liked the Sims 3 (but haven't played any of the others, including 4).

However, after a while, I would get really bored of playing the game, so there is that.

Pros: Sims 3- Lots of Content, established brand and good reception

Pros: Sims 4-EA

I would have been happy for a new Sims game, but they missed almost every feature I would have had on my checklist. I played with the Create-a-Sim demo, and if you want to put on a jacket, you have to put on a shirt that comes with it. If they were going to create a new game, they should have finally worked on a good clothing layering system. In the mean time, they're removing core features, but adding stupid things that don't add much to the game, like walking styles.

But the performance is a lot better.

Sims 4 is a hell of a lot better, but missing a lot of content compared to decked out Sims 3.

Better graphics, much better load times, a lot more variety in people, less glitchiness...

I can't deny I was hoping for more base content, but what it does it does very well (and towards the end you couldn't really say that of Sims 3.)

Thank you for the comment guys.

I wathced a video in youtube and they have lots of bad comments about the sims 4 .

they said that  sims 4 is very limited. I like the create sims part though because it is very easy to tweak the sims.

what I love about the sims is the part that you can customize the character and dress them and also create a home for them and build a relationship . I'm not sure if im gonna be able to do it with sims 4 .

I hope they will improve the sims 4 in the coming months