Xbox One launches in China
by Jon Fingas

xbox-one-china-launch.jpg

Chinese gamers have just witnessed their first major console launch since authorities lifted their 13-year ban on most video game systems. Following a last-minute delay, Microsoft has released the Xbox One in mainland China; people in 37 cities across the country can now pick up a shiny new machine without having to resort to unofficial channels. There are only 10 government-approved games on offer from day one, including Dance Central: Spotlight and Forza Motorsport 5, but over 70 China-friendly titles are supposed to be in the works. As for Sony? It has yet to confirm just when the PlayStation 4 reaches China, but it's doubtful that the company will be far behind -- it won't want to give Microsoft too much of a head start.

Source: Engadget

I'm pretty sure the games are still region free so they'll just import what the government blocks or digitally download it as long as they can bypass the great digital wall of china, which I'm sure they can.   Other then that it's looking like a successful launch there from the pictures I've seen. 

Not bad.

If Microsoft can get at least 2-3 games (quickly) that people in China will adore on the One (and try and keep it exclusive), they may be able to keep momentum, or even gain momentum.  

If they like the same games we like here in the US then they are in good shape already.

100K first day sales

bing translation

Chinese version of the Xbox One games on September 29, when officially released, start has reached 100,000 units. Shanghai Zhang Dazhong, Deputy Chief of the group in a September 30, Xinmin evening news interview, said that it expected within 5 years, Chinese video game production value will reach hundreds of billions of scale, and within 10 years, the entire industry will have super trillions of potential.
 According to the A9VG news, Xbox One 1-year sales target of more than 1 million.

http://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-4256369-1-1.html

60ade0f3gw1ekuk4g7m0aj21kw0sqtce.jpg

The price for the XB1 in China is a good chunk higher than in the US and EU.  The SKU without Kinect converts to $600 and I'm betting the one with it is at least $700.