First Samsung Galaxy Note 4 units plagued by build issues

Well, thought i'd bring this up since the iCamp gets so much press. I'd like to point out, the "gap/bezel/gate" has been a recurring thing for samsung on the note 3, Galaxy s4 and now note 4.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 went earlier on sale than originally planned in order to compete with the iPhone 6 Plus. However, it seems that Samsung's rush has resulted in some defective Galaxy Note 4 units, a report from South Korea suggests.

As you can see, there's a gap between the Galaxy Note 4's 5.7" QHD Super AMOLED display and the metal casing next to it. The report suggests, the gap is wide enough to fit 2 sheets of A4 paper or a business card.

Sauce:

http://www.gsmarena.com/first_samsung_galaxy_note_4_units_plagued_by_build_issues-news-9786.php

PS. I sufferd the gap gate on two different production models of the s4...  two friends of mine on the note 3...

PPS: Like I said above, apple has the good luck of getting huge rep because of hype build up, hence issues appear a lot more than any other vendor. Not trying to sound anti-apple or android. Just being objective. 

Some Sony Xperia Z2s also had this issue.  It was only a few units and nothing major.  Happens to every company.

Yup you got that right... It could happen to any company

my old neighbor bought a new car and drove it home but a few miles away from his home, his car broke down... there were no fluid left in the transmission.

Agreed.  Someone has to feed the hating crowd though.

I don't think the hate would be so extreme if Apple's products weren't so hyped. There were "news reports" on ABC for 3 days in a row about Apple's new gifts to mankind. Nothing more than advertising for the iPhone and Apple Watch, with a paper-thin disguise of "news". Just the reporter gushing over the new products as if they were a cure for AIDS.

That's the sort of thing that makes me dislike Apple.

I prefer that against a bended phone. Your argument is invalid here ...

:laugh: 

I don't think the hate would be so extreme if Apple's products weren't so hyped. There were "news reports" on ABC for 3 days in a row about Apple's new gifts to mankind. Nothing more than advertising for the iPhone and Apple Watch, with a paper-thin disguise of "news". Just the reporter gushing over the new products as if they were a cure for AIDS.

+1

Agreed, which is why android needs to get some news hype as well :P

Its not apple's fault people over hype their product. Everyone company puts on a good show (read conference) for its new products. But its what the media does with it that matters to consumers. Its almost disgusting how "bendgate" took off so quick. People at stores, movie theaters, etc are talking about it like they know whats up. Im just like "uh I'm not even going to comment". So the media blows things up and thats what happens. Its sad when competitors use that to their advantage.

Apple HAD the Mac vs PC ads. Now they don't. Samsung now has the "Samsung vs Apple" Ads. They even moved their production up to compete because they were scared, and obviously its hurt them a lot cause its more then a few units. This might actually delay the "october (wtf)" launch for the note 4 in the US. But thats not a big deal cause its samsung and no one gives a ######.

The Media is disgusting, we get it. But you can't dislike a company cause of the media coverage they get.

Its not apple's fault people over hype their product. Everyone company puts on a good show (read conference) for its new products. But its what the media does with it that matters to consumers. Its almost disgusting how "bendgate" took off so quick. People at stores, movie theaters, etc are talking about it like they know whats up. Im just like "uh I'm not even going to comment". So the media blows things up and thats what happens. Its sad when competitors use that to their advantage.

Apple HAD the Mac vs PC ads. Now they don't. Samsung now has the "Samsung vs Apple" Ads. They even moved their production up to compete because they were scared, and obviously its hurt them a lot cause its more then a few units. This might actually delay the "october (wtf)" launch for the note 4 in the US. But thats not a big deal cause its samsung and no one gives a ######.

The Media is disgusting, we get it. But you can't dislike a company cause of the media coverage they get.

Is this a joke? 

Not only that but Apple made a big deal about how well engineered the new iPhones are.  That was really one of their main selling points and now we find that you can't even put them in your pocket without worrying about them bending.

Not only that but Apple made a big deal about how well engineered the new iPhones are.  That was really one of their main selling points and now we find that you can't even put them in your pocket without worrying about them bending.

Precisely. Even if they don't actively pursue the coverage and idolization they get, Apple do encourage it, and play to it. So when things go wrong and the product doesn't meet the standards they themselves claim for it, we have every right to criticize. Especially when it is a basic design flaw that testing should have uncovered.

People, stay on subject, this is samsung bashing thread, not apple!!! MAN THAT GAP on teh note 4 !!! Mind the gap!!! :p

Waiting for the first Photoshops of the Grand Canyon onto a Note 4 . . .

The last time I saw a gap that wide was when I had the plumber in . . .

Any reports of people getting their fingers caught? It could be a safety hazard!

Better? :rofl:

• Like 1

Waiting for the first Photoshops of the Grand Canyon onto a Note 4 . . .

The last time I saw a gap that wide was when I had the plumber in . . .

Any reports of people getting their fingers caught? It could be a safety hazard!

Better? :rofl:

Oh my god, that gap looks like madonnas teeth :shifty: