Office Xp Sp1 Help !!

Let me start off by saying that I cann't remember how to do it. However, what you want to do is an Administrative install to a directory on your HDD (c:office), as if you were going to install to other computers over a network from that dir. Then go to M$ Office XP SP1 site and download the full admin version of SP1 (100+ MB). Then run the install to upgrade the image in that dir to SP1. Then burn the contents of that dir to a cd and you have an Office XP SP1 cd with the Serial Number already coded into the install.

That was a very basic description of what needs to be done. Search the M$ Knowledge Base for complete instructions. You will probably find a link to those instructions from the SP1 site.

Hope that helps.

P.S. It really does work. With both the RTM release of Office XP and the retail release of Office XP (which I use).

The problem has occured with a few people who are using a legally purchased copy of XP. Not just with the warez RTM release.

My last reply is good for solving the problem as well has creating an Office XP cd with SP1 integrated. Totally legal if you purchased your copy of Office XP. I created one from the copy of Office XP Professional I purchased in December. Results may very.

If you are using it to create a sp1 disc from the RTM, that isn't legal. However, if you are using the RTM, you aren't conserned with what is legal or not.

This problem has been discussed many times over, and yet you lazy boy seems cannot resolve it. Roll up your sleeves and search and search untill you find it. You want the easy way out, listen there IS no easy way out. However, this time I shall guide to the relevant site, now follow the steps and get it cracking. Here is the thread.

(http://www.notoriousnetworks.com)