Prepping VM for Win9?

I've not run a Win preview on a VM machine... while we don't know exactly what to expect, what are some of the constraints and requirements the community would recommend for preparing a VM box for it?

prep it as you would a Win8 ... at least 2Gb RAM if you want to seriously play with it...! erm... also i found using less that 256Mb gfx memory gave me a few issues... might have been the build.

I am using Oracle VirtualBOX tho...

I would suggest you have a good amount of RAM free (4GB would be good, but 2GB at minimum), and a good chuck of hard drive space (not worth burning up write cycles on an SSD for a test).

Apart from that, be ready to install the latest updates to your VM software - often new Windows releases don't work 100% out of the box in VM, or require some form of tweak.

Other than that, have your preferred beverage ready, patience and enjoy! (Y)

Something i have noticed with past Windows Betas is that you get much better graphical performance if you RDP in to the VM and use it over remote desktop. I cant honestly say if that will be the case still, however ill be doing that anyway as i run all my VM's on Esxi.

"(not worth burning up write cycles on an SSD for a test)."

What?? How many write cycles do you think it takes to write a few GB?? Lets say it was 100GB..

If you are scared to use your SSD, writing a few GB to it you might as well not have one..

As has been mentioned before setting up a VM for Windows 8.x ought to do the trick. I'll be making sure to give it 4 GB of RAM.

As has been mentioned before setting up a VM for Windows 8.x ought to do the trick. I'll be making sure to give it 4 GB of RAM.

Actually, starting with 7, I use the same core settings for a Windows VM (at least 1024KB, 75 GB HDD space, 256 MB of video RAM) for Oracle VB - for Hyper-V, I double the amount of system RAM (due to Hyper-V, especially on Windows Server 2012 and later, being more efficient in terms of background processing).

This time, I'll also be roping my portable workbook (the HP Pavilion dv9000) into the test pool - the HDD is small enough that I have very little installed on it in terms of application software (just Office 2013 x64, in fact).